A Craigslist template for getting free urban-dori

sixemkay

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
That’s mine. Seriously. I don’t have much room left in my garden, so it won’t be up there long.

I called dibs! Haha!
Well, hello neighbor! I hope the posts yields you some interesting and worthwhile material.

I put out a post on NextDoor (not for material, just looking for other Crazies) several weeks back and had zero response.

On an unrelated note: I’d really like to find some yamadori that survived a wildfire. I think a burnt up tree in one of Sorce’s wood-fired pots would be rad.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well, hello neighbor! I hope the posts yields you some interesting and worthwhile material.

I put out a post on NextDoor (not for material, just looking for other Crazies) several weeks back and had zero response.

On an unrelated note: I’d really like to find some yamadori that survived a wildfire. I think a burnt up tree in one of Sorce’s wood-fired pots would be rad.

Of course I’ll share. Let me know what you want and I’ll let you know when I find it. We can alternate or flip a coin or whatever. Like I said, I’m not going for any and everything. Shoot me a PM.

As far as wildfire yamadori, maybe search the Cal Fire incident page for past fires in an area you’d like to search.

The Angora Fire scar may be a good place to look. It’s been many years now, so whatever is left survived, and the area has already been logged.

sixemkay

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Of course I’ll share. Let me know what you want and I’ll let you know when I find it. We can alternate or flip a coin or whatever. Like I said, I’m not going for any and everything. Shoot me a PM.

As far as wildfire yamadori, maybe search the Cal Fire incident page for past fires in an area you’d like to search.

The Angora Fire scar may be a good place to look. It’s been many years now, so whatever is left survived, and the area has already been logged.
I’ve put some thought into this because I really don’t have any room either...

I’m happy to help you dig stuff— i would mostly be interested in keeping oaks, manzanita, privet, maybe some Prunus varieties, pomegranate... but again, I have very limited space left— I have a spade and a shovel but gave away all my other tools when we moved to a house with no yard (not a small yard, zero yard). I have successfully dug privet, plum, juniper, and catalpa before.

I hadn’t posted to CL yet because I’m about to be on vacation and I can’t take on any new trees until I get back

Top Bottom