A few for BSF 2009

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Dale are you vending at the BSF this year? When we spoke last year at the show you were a little hesitant. I'm sorry if there is a list of vendors posted somewhere, I'm out of the loop. I'm not happy about the show scheduling this year, it's my busy season and there's no way I can make it even with it being one hour from home.

Best of luck to all the potters attending, hope your sales are great! Wish I could see it all in person.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Graydon,

You will missed. Your tree/workstands are AWESOME.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bubba,

You are such a cool dude. Thanks for your kind words.:)

Bonsaibiker,

Thanks for your support!

Dale Cochoy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dale are you vending at the BSF this year? When we spoke last year at the show you were a little hesitant. I'm sorry if there is a list of vendors posted somewhere, I'm out of the loop. I'm not happy about the show scheduling this year, it's my busy season and there's no way I can make it even with it being one hour from home.

Best of luck to all the potters attending, hope your sales are great! Wish I could see it all in person.

Sorry to say NO Graydon.
It was a combination decision. Due to last years very poor turnout and sales which couldn't offset the expenses ( Gas was $4/gal then) I decided to lay off a year and see what happens. I always did well there for 10 years but it is a very expensive show ( for me at least) to do. Last year I barely broke even. Shows are getting tougher and promoters need to start to adopt some vending rules. Also, the change from June to March was not good for me. Thats winter here and pretty early to get pot stock together.
There were a few other reasons also which I won't go into.
Besides, there are to many potters there now doing it for fun!:rolleyes:

I'll really miss Florida this year ( no longer do Miami show either) and my friends down there. It was a tough decision and bummed Nanc out too. I think several usual vendors have dropped this year. Too bad you aren't going. I'd appreciate a true report.
Dale

Dale Cochoy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am now working out of my OWN studio and I have sold a pot or two.
And come hell or high water, I AM going to continue doing this. I am currently teaching, and that is important (supporting family), .:)

I hope your Florida teaching job is secure. Also, Katich and the others ,whatever they do for a living.. I'd hate to see you guys try to support your families by selling pottery to bonsai people!
That would suck!

D.

Top Bottom