A little Buttonwood

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Here's a picture of a Buttonwood on display at Heathcote. I imagine the foliage will look much better in a couple months after some consistent warm weather. Sorry for the not-so-great picture. I had my 3-year old son with me, so I just snapped off a few pictures on my phone when I had a free hand.

Overall, the display at Heathcote was amazing. I'm not sold on the steel pipes as backdrops, but the trees were awesome. I know there was disappointment at things not really being ready for the grand opening, but they now have a lot of big, well-maintained, specimen trees. I'd like to go back, preferably without my son and with a nice camera & a day to spend...

Attachments

• Fort Pierce-20120310-00664.jpg
    Fort Pierce-20120310-00664.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 96

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Here's my little guy in front of a not-so-little Portulacaria.

Attachments

• Fort Pierce-20120310-00662.jpg
    Fort Pierce-20120310-00662.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 72

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Buttonwodds are native to Florida? I have been looking for one as I heard they are great Bonsai material and are supposed to be native to Florida, but I really do not know what they look like enough to identify them. I looked online and found a State of Florida site that had a leave identification sheet for buttonwoods and there were at least 12 different leaves of different sizes and shapes and even colrs, which left me even more clueless as they were drawings and not pictures, not much help. I do love the tropicals though as they are always alive.
They are sure an impressive couple of plants you photgraphed.

ed

Top Bottom