A new off-topic Forum?

Add a new off-topic Forum that is heavily moderated?

• Yes, we need a Tea House for quieter conversation

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No, we don't need two off-topic forums

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Vance,
I'm a live and let live kinda person, but when I see direct results of the squabbles in the KB affecting the posts in the regular material, then I have problems with that. I can't read a thread, but skip the bad parts (or change the channel) ... And I've seen people directly relate someone's anger to an argument from there. As in, well he's just angry with so and so, from the KB....

As long as people can grow up about it, and act like human beings to each other, I have no issue.

As to having another section, even if there isn't that much interest, why isn't that as valid as the KB? There are two long running threads on the Bsite, in the coffee forum that are a good example of this. One of them is a helpful weather thread. There isn't that much action on the coffee forum, but it's effective in allowing conversation that doesn't belong in the other forums to have a place.

Dav4, thanks for that.:) I'll work on posting some of my trees, it's just difficult when I compare them to the extraordinary work that I've seen posted by others, but I guess that is the point. To get help and to move forward.

Victrinia,
Just so you know, I'm not averse to having a moderated forum, just don't understand why there should be a need for it. If it's purpose is to give us a place to converse casually and in a friendly manner, then it should be a moot point.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Vance,
I'm a live and let live kinda person, but when I see direct results of the squabbles in the KB affecting the posts in the regular material, then I have problems with that. I can't read a thread, but skip the bad parts (or change the channel) ... And I've seen people directly relate someone's anger to an argument from there. As in, well he's just angry with so and so, from the KB.....

I don't see that kind of thing happening, could you sight me some incidences. I don't read everything on the site because there are things on the site that don't interest me and those that do do not seem to contain what you have illuded to.
As long as people can grow up about it, and act like human beings to each other, I have no issue.

As to having another section, even if there isn't that much interest, why isn't that as valid as the KB?.....

I didn't say there shouldn't be or that it would not be valid but that it wouldn't be productive
There are two long running threads on the Bsite, in the coffee forum that are a good example of this. One of them is a helpful weather thread. There isn't that much action on the coffee forum, but it's effective in allowing conversation that doesn't belong in the other forums to have a place.

Dav4, thanks for that.:) I'll work on posting some of my trees, it's just difficult when I compare them to the extraordinary work that I've seen posted by others, but I guess that is the point. To get help and to move forward.

Victrinia,
Just so you know, I'm not averse to having a moderated forum, just don't understand why there should be a need for it. If it's purpose is to give us a place to converse casually and in a friendly manner, then it should be a moot point.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

It's good to be humble but don't sell yourself short. You got some good stuff and and just refining most from what I have seen.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
This thread proves a very valid point about political differences. Conservatives can think for themselves and make a decision, if we are not interested in something, we just avoid it. Liberals on the other hand want someone else making their decisions for them, not even enough willpower to stay out of the KB.

Harry

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Liberals on the other hand want someone else making their decisions for them, not even enough willpower to stay out of the KB.

So, are you suggesting that BNut bans all the liberals from this forum, just because they are not as smart and good looking as the conservatives?:)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
So, are you suggesting that BNut bans all the liberals from this forum, just because they are not as smart and good looking as the conservatives?:)

OH hell no, who would I argue with.........:)

Harry

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had to thank Harry for proving the value of changing the way the site is laid out. That kind of nasty comment spilling over into the rest of the forum is what this is all about.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I had to thank Harry for proving the value of changing the way the site is laid out. That kind of nasty comment spilling over into the rest of the forum is what this is all about.

I would like for you to show me a post where I was nasty to anyone concerning bonsai. If you or anyone else is incapable of controlling your emotions on a bonsai site, you need help. If you would care to continue this in the KB, I believe I can show you the error of your ways. Should I post some of your threads showing the venom you spewed at Will Heath of the Bonsai side, these folks don't know the real Chris Johnson. People who live in glass houses should never throw stones.

Harry

Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
And we who would like to see the sniping go away, REST OUR CASE!

A moderated forum with ground rules -- no religion, politics, or ugliness allowed -- will be welcomed. If that cannot be done, PLEASE get that stuff out of our search results when we look for new, and INTERESTING material.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
And we who would like to see the sniping go away, REST OUR CASE!

A moderated forum with ground rules -- no religion, politics, or ugliness allowed -- will be welcomed. If that cannot be done, PLEASE get that stuff out of our search results when we look for new, and INTERESTING material.

I assume you are talking to me. My STUFF, again I assume you are talking about the trees I have posted. If you consider those to be uninteresting, perhaps you should consider another hobby.

Harry

Last edited:

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I assume you are talking to me. My STUFF, again I assume you are talking about the trees I have posted. If you consider those to be uninteresting, perhaps you should consider another hobby.

Harry

I looked at some of your started posts and while 95% are in the karoake bar, it seems that you have a pretty nice collection. Would you can to post some trees that you may not have shown us yet?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ok everyone :) I'm going to close this thread because I've gotten some good feedback and I don't want to slip into negativity. I'm going to add the Tea House, and set up ground rules, and appoint a light-handed Moderator. It is easy to add a forum, see how it works, and delete it if no one is using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom