Acer rubrum leaf problem?

Fribe

Sapling
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered what is happening to the leaves of my Acer rubrum.
Should I be worried or is it normal?

Thanks in advance!20190928_155746.jpg

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Is it some type of scale, can you pick it off? I wouldn't worry to much though, keep an eye on it and see if someone chimes in with more experience on diseases and fungus problems.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks oddly geometric.

Sorce

Fribe

Sapling
Reaction score
So i removed the ones i could see and took another pic...I think it's a parasite but not sure...alien looking for sure20190929_131445.jpg

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Cool, easy enough. Try to research what it is, so you can develop a plan in preventing or treating any other flair ups. Post once you find out what it is, curious, thanks.

Fribe

Sapling
Reaction score
Thank for confirming.
Do you kong what ratio water/soap to use?

Fribe

Sapling
Reaction score
Just as an update for future reference...I removed all the scale insects I could see with a tweezer. They come off very easy. If you have scales and try to remove them, you might see a foggy patina on the insect. It is a membrane they use to protect themselves from water suffocation.
I then sprayed the plant with a water/organic dish soap solution in a 4/1 ratio. Then, after 2 hours, I washed the maple with regular water (I gave 5 washes every 10 min).
I'll keep you guys updated

Top Bottom