Adventure into the avant-garde

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
It must have dunted with a hairline crack that finally split from the root mass? Nice pots!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well it seems I have an affection for duct tape. Still trying to figure this one out. My current theory that it was too thin to tolerate the aggressive root growth. I noticed late summer, so freezing had nothing to do with it. Fired to ^8

View attachment 411140View attachment 411141
I think that tree likes duct tape 😁

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Well it seems I have an affection for duct tape. Still trying to figure this one out. My current theory that it was too thin to tolerate the aggressive root growth. I noticed late summer, so freezing had nothing to do with it. Fired to ^8

View attachment 411140View attachment 411141
What a shame, such a pretty pot.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b

I've bought a couple of David's pots (ABCarve) his prices are really quite reasonable, in line with other potters. His comment is more likely because he does not want to go back and forth over a couple dollars. The price is the price. I love his pots. One is a nice blue cascade with lots of texture. My wisteria is in it.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So this pot didn't show up on the "pots for sale thread". hmmmmm??? @Carol 83 This is the same glaze that is on the pot you recently bought.....different clay body. Getting ready for the big show May 5th in my backyard. I made this one with a duct tape repellent in the glaze....what could possibly go wrong?

IMG_4462.JPG

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So this pot didn't show up on the "pots for sale thread". hmmmmm??? @Carol 83 This is the same glaze that is on the pot you recently bought.....different clay body. Getting ready for the big show May 5th in my backyard. I made this one with a duct tape repellent in the glaze....what could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 426307
That is stunning. 🥰

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B

View attachment 426307
Woooww :oops:

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Well three years and three pots broke. I checked this pot for dunts and it was just fine. It also had an extra thick walls. I've come to the conclusion that its my growing method and not defective pots. It sits in a tray of water about 2 inches deep. It will suck that up before noon. I've read that they can become so root bound that the only way to get water in is through the bottom. This however is not that root bound but it does promote vigorous growth........apparently too much. Anybody else have experience with this? Any insights?

IMG_1152.jpegIMG_1153.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would look really hard at the clay bottom before condemning my growing methods.

Top Bottom