All aboard the Mugo train!

Good New York Morning Vance!

You get any hugs yet?
(that's M.Frary.)

Sorce

I think that is the only one, I'll have to look again to be sure though. I watched a guy really examine it yesterday so it is getting attention.
Not only does it represent a tree struggling to survive nature it also represents one man's struggle in bonsai to create or use a tree no one else thought was worth the effort.
Vances mugo being there is recognition he well deserves.

Not only does it represent a tree struggling to survive nature it also represents one man's struggle in bonsai to create or use a tree no one else thought was worth the effort.
Vances mugo being there is recognition he well deserves.

I just hope they label it right in the book or Vance really will be the Rodney Danger field of bonsai

I for one think this recognition is a long time coming. Should have been a long time ago.

Rick

20160911_075600.jpg And some branch structure of the tree. I really wish some of those branches wouldnt have been pruned off, oh well other people have different visions.
And i didnt touch any of the roots when i slip potted.
Rick

Attachments

• 20160911_082759.jpg
    20160911_082759.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 34
Btw, I understand why drunken dragon is your fav VW tree @M. Frary. It's an awesome tree.
Actually it is my favorite tree of all time.
In a toss up between this mugo or Walter Pall's maple number one I'll choose this tree every time. Something about it draws me in and I can look at it for hours.
Not because Vance is my friend either. For me it captures the essence of bonsai.

You guys are too kind. I suppose, because I am so intimately connected to the tree, I don't look at it the same way you do, but I am most appreciative of your praise for the tree.

@
You guys are too kind. I suppose, because I am so intimately connected to the tree, I don't look at it the same way you do, but I am most appreciative of your praise for the tree.
How did the tree do

Are we going to see any pix of it in the exhibit?

Maybe Vance can post his picture when he gets home. We weren't supposed to take pictures, unless it was you of your own tree. I saw alot of people doing so, but out of respect, and not wanting to get thrown out, did not.

How about general population. Were they allowed to take pics

Rick

Back
Top Bottom