Another stolen tree

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Upon looking at it, it does look like a trident maple. So I guess keep an eye out for one of those too.

Could just be the tree behind it poking over

On closer look, it does seem the foliage of the two trees blends together.

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
People really do suck. I have to imagine that there are bonsai practitioners out there who don't want to grow a tree nor pay for one and resort to this type of stupidity to acquire a tree. If caught, they should be made to water a bonsai garden for a year.

ERClover

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
People really do suck. I have to imagine that there are bonsai practitioners out there who don't want to grow a tree nor pay for one and resort to this type of stupidity to acquire a tree. If caught, they should be made to water a bonsai garden for a year.
As part of a work release program from prison.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I doubt they have any security system, I go up to Meehan a lot and they are really nice people. Such a shame.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I worked on this tree a few times in the last couple of years. We had just layered the top off which really improved its proportions, and we were all excited about its future development.

They do have a security system but I can’t comment on what it showed. Martha posted that they just want the tree back, and there will be no questions asked.

I truly don’t understand what satisfaction can be gained from having a tree that you stole from someone else, also stealing from them the enjoyment of the rewards of years of effort even though the thief will themselves never be able to enjoy them. All completely contrary to the spirit and essence of bonsai.

Last edited:

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I truly don’t understand what satisfaction can be gained from having a tree that you stole from someone else, also stealing from them the enjoyment of the rewards of years of effort even though the thief will themselves never be able to enjoy them. All completely contrary to the spirit and essence of bonsai.
You need to understand the a vast majority of people this day in age are self centered narcissists and they couldn't care less how their actions affect anyone else. If it weren't for the thin veneer of civilization and threat of punishment from said society, all of your trees and everything you own would be stolen or destroyed.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They do have a security system but I can’t comment on what it showed.
Thanks a bunch for that🤪. Now REALLY want to see what was shown. Maybe was known club member or so called friend.

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Just learned today that the tree was returned! First time I’ve heard of a recovery of a stolen tree. Was bit dry but they think it will survive.

That’s good news.

The Pacific Bonsai Museum had some trees stolen that were returned after their theft was on CNN. They were dumped in some bushes outside if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom