Any nutters also into watches?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Curious to know if any of you other bonsai folks are into watches as well...

I work in a corporate setting and slacks, shirts and ties get old quick. I've always been a fan and have a good mix but have taken a stronger interest in them over the last 6 months. Not sure where the attraction comes from but i enjoy learning about the different styles, movements etc.. The higher end stuff(rolex, omega, tudor etc) are not justifiable for me but i still enjoy looking at them!
So if you are into them, post up what you are wearing!

I'm rocking the classic pepsi seiko SKX today. Has to be the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn.

IMG_3559.jpg

Reaction score
Nice Pepsi! Watches are fun. I'm still in uni, so budget is a bit tight and time to spend studying horology isn't impressive either. My daily watch is a Commodoor (not related to the conputer brand) which my dad gave me. His grandpa gave it to him 30 odd years ago. It's not super expensive, but it still works like a charm and it does look cool.
20200115_174532.jpg

I also bought a goldplated Takano watch, with which it all started, a couple months ago. It looks fancy and I now got a black croc strap on there, which goes with about anything. It does need a service, it's not running properly. There is also an Elgin canteen watch on the way, it should be here in 3 weeks maybe? I'll defo send pics! That high end stuff isn't for me either, but that hopefully might change one day.
Horst Heinzelreiter is into vintage watches big time, he occasionally puts pics on IG of those. Combined with the bonsai pots it's definitely worth it to follow him!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
nice watch!! and it's especially cool that it has been passed on to you. Sentimental value is special and you have a nice looking watch to boot.

Keep the pics coming!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I currently own .. uhm. I would say, approximately, 0 watches :)

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I've only used one watch. A 29 yo Rado ceramica that my father gave me for graduating with my MS. Still looks like new.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I currently own .. uhm. I would say, approximately, 0 watches :)

Ok thanks for your contribution to the thread....:rolleyes:

What if Man Invented time to sell you a watch and keep your head down.

Forgive me, they got me pumped up!

Sorce

Funny coming from the guy who has his face down buried in his phone on Bnut all day and night.... :D

I've only used one watch. A 29 yo Rado ceramica that my father gave me for graduating with my MS. Still looks like new.

lets see it!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Funny coming from the guy who has his face down buried in his phone on Bnut all day and night..

I'm the one it takes to know one!

I had a SS Adidas watch once.
Then fashion evaded me.

The other day I was thinking about how there is one billboard on the way to my area that has housed the same Rolex Dealer's ad for longer than almost anything has stayed the same around here.

Funny how time works!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I stopped wearing a wrist watch a long time ago. Wearing a watch in your wrist or any jewlery in my line of work is a liability.

Having anything that can get caught on a net, trap, line where you could get dragged off the boat with the gear is very dangerous

Now with the cell phone, clock on tel he computer desk top or car dashboard, I dont need a watch any more

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
lol, come on folks... this isn't that hard.. you either have something on your wrist to share or you don't.....

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a, Invicta Automatic Gold skeleton dial that I wear as a dress watch. I'll have to get a pic when I get home tonight.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I used to like nice watches and bought a Rolex Submariner few years ago, wore it for a couple months and got annoyed because every time i don't wear for a few days, I would have to adjust the time again because it runs by movements. I could have gotten a watch winder but it was too early at the time for me to get one. Also every year or so Im supposed to get it serviced by Rolex which costs $600+ each time and every time some one asked me for the time I pulled out my phone lol. Needless to say the Rolex is gone. I do like nice watches, it's just not practical for me.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I used to like nice watches and bought a Rolex Submariner few years ago, wore it for a couple months and got annoyed because every time i don't wear for a few days, I would have to adjust the time again because it runs by movements. I could have gotten a watch winder but it was too early at the time for me to get one. Also every year or so Im supposed to get it serviced by Rolex which costs $600+ each time and every time some one asked me for the time I pulled out my phone lol. Needless to say the Rolex is gone. I do like nice watches, it's just not practical for me.

Wow I've never heard of servicing automatics that much. The standard I've come to know is every 5-10 years or so. Rolex is a very good brand of watch and they are always in demand, one of the few brands that don't take a serious depreciation hit and in some cases you can actually resell for a profit. Shame you sold it but ya live and learn what works for you.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Curious to know if any of you other bonsai folks are into watches as well...

I work in a corporate setting and slacks, shirts and ties get old quick. I've always been a fan and have a good mix but have taken a stronger interest in them over the last 6 months. Not sure where the attraction comes from but i enjoy learning about the different styles, movements etc.. The higher end stuff(rolex, omega, tudor etc) are not justifiable for me but i still enjoy looking at them!
So if you are into them, post up what you are wearing!

I'm rocking the classic pepsi seiko SKX today. Has to be the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn.

View attachment 278880

Not really into watches, per se....but back when I was "runnin' around" and "havin' relations" with waitresses and bartenders, had to have some "peacock gear" to show out proper.....

Bulova with some microscopic diamonds....
DSC00506.JPG

Kenneth Cole with some glow-in the dark hands and....uhh...bars where the hour is indicated....

…...apologies for my ashy fists....not a whole lot of peacockin' going on these days!!!!

DSC00507.JPG

….no...no battery in either...these are for ice'n.....I'll stop now, as this could de-generate into an impromptu comedy act.....;) 🥴 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What if Man Invented time to sell you a watch and keep your head down.

Forgive me, they got me pumped up!

Sorce
I don't think the first sun dial creator envisioned a wearable clock to sell.

Top Bottom