Are these Bald Cypress? or something else? help identify

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm trying to figure out what kind of trees these are. There are a couple really nice small ones. I was thinking bald cypress but they don't really look like it.cypress.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
More than likely Yellow or Longleaf Pine. Bald Cypress don't have needles. They have leaves.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
AL, seems to me most likely Lodgepole Pines.

Grimmy

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I have see pine and bald cypress growing together down in the coastal plain... would need a better picture of the foliage to be certain, but I definitely don't see any large cypress in your picture, though there could be smaller cypress mixed in with the pines in the foreground.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thank you. I am mostly talking about the trees in the foreground. I'm thinking they are pond cypress.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Might be pond cypress, can't tell from the photo. None of these are lodgepole pine, as those aren't native east of the Mississippi, or even east of Colorado. Big pines in the southeast are usually longleaf or yellow pine-which can include loblolly, longleaf shortleaf and slash pines.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hello from Pensacola! Look like bald cypress, they are great to work with and lots of fun. Fast growing in our area. They're everywhere around you and me.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here are some better pics of these trees. I do think they are pond cypress.

pond c 1.jpg

pond c 2.jpg

Top Bottom