Are you a Net Bonsai Wanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mr.Yamadori,
can I kindly ask you...what the heck is wrong with you?

Did I ever call all the members of the bonsainut.com forum "wankers"? or any members of any bonsai blogs?
Did I ever call YOU "wanker"?
Did I precisely described what in my own opinion a NBW is?

So if you don't see yourself described by the profile of a NBW why in hell you get so mad at me?
So people here is why REAL bonsai pro don't get involved in bonsai forums, here, right her is the problem. Words can hurt like blades do and it doesn't matter where they come from.

And btw.... with a perfect sense of timing, the author of the next LONELY PLANET JAPAN tour giude got in touch with me because wants me to contribute to the new edition of this world-reknown guide with a short piece on the bonsai village in Omiya as an interesting tourist attraction.
And why he got in touch with me? because searching bonsai on the net he found my website and he wrote me that the way I present bonsai is much closer to the vast odiens, more than other uptight bonsai websites from which the majority of the people don't realize how much fun bonsai can be.
Do we want to get young people interested in bonsai or we are gonna preach ZEN to the guests of the assistant living facilities???

Now who is the marketing idiot?
And Mr.Yamadori. I'm telling you one more time, come to my face to tell me I'm an idiot.

I will reply to my PM later, I just finished to work on trees all day and I'm pretty tired.
Happy mothers day to all the moms out there.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Rilassi Marco... respiri. :D

I know you felt insulted, but it's over... Sometimes it's best not to beat a dead horse. It wastes energy and only makes you feel more frustrated. Things have come around in a postive way, and going after her isn't going to help that momentum. It'll just divide things again. What fun is that? :cool:

And just for the record... Yamadori is a Mrs... not a Mr.

Get some rest...

Victrinia

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Not a problem Harry. Creative I suppose.

You two need to get over it. I was very specific that Marco's name calling advertising was the idiot thing. Marco, in sum total, is not an idiot nor is he less than a bonsai master nor did I ever criticise his tool (either one of them) or its sales rates. It is funny how he can call us all "wankers" but if we call him an "advertising idiot" for name calling to try to sell something he gets all bent about it. A bit hipocritical I'd say. It reminds me of the old phrase, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". How about this one, "Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

I must be close to some sort of a truth or it wouldn't eat at him like this. Both of you need to let it go. I hope the Masakuni family does.

Lighten up, I don't know about Marco, but I'm having fun, I was joking, sorry if you took offence. As long as people with a sense of humor and enjoy poking fun at each other, I will keep posting. All I can say is, if you want the end the thread, quit posting, I'm not forcing anyone to open the thread or post, it will die on it's own, until then I will keep it alive and those of you that are tired of it, pass on by.

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
After some compromise and realization that I will never be able to make everyone happy, what do you guys think about this as a front of the shirt?

Looks good to me !!

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
If he doesn't like the brown recluse or fiddleback spider, he sure won't like the Brazilian wandering spider. Listen to this side-effect:

This spider's venom has also been found to cause increased levels of nitric oxide which, in male human victims, will result in an involuntary erection that can be very painful and last hours. Scientists are reportedly attempting to create an erectile dysfunction treatment that can be combined with other medicines out of the peptide that causes this reaction.[35]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_bite#Types_of_spiders_with_medically_significant_venom

Where can you get one of these spiders ?

keep it green,
Harry

DaveG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
So if you don't see yourself described by the profile of a NBW why in hell you get so mad at me?

Marco, I've already seen you talk about a lot of things on here that might get people riled or at least lower their opinion of you. Most of which, honestly, have little impact on anyone but you or those close to you in some way. While people might not think highly of you for these things, most of us here aren't personally hurt either.

However, I'd like to point out that it's not unusual in this day and age for people to get angry if someone generalizes about a specific group, portrays them in an unnecessarily negative light, and uses a slur to refer to them. There are a number of "-isms" founded on that sort of thinking and a negative reaction to such a thing can be almost reflexive. Many of us on both sides of this may not even be thinking about the source of our feelings on the matter, but will still react anyway. With that in mind, you're lucky that some members of this community have met you in you in person and are willing to defend you. Also, that this community is mostly pretty mature, as online communities go.

Then again, a few of us here were probably joining in because you were an easy target. It happens, especially online.

Zenshi

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
...you're lucky that some members of this community have met you in person...

I'm actually a bit disappointed. He was just in Cincinnati, and had I known sooner, I would've made plans to go down there and check it out.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Marco, I've already seen you talk about a lot of things on here that might get people riled or at least lower their opinion of you. Most of which, honestly, have little impact on anyone but you or those close to you in some way. While people might not think highly of you for these things, most of us here aren't personally hurt either.

However, I'd like to point out that it's not unusual in this day and age for people to get angry if someone generalizes about a specific group, portrays them in an unnecessarily negative light, and uses a slur to refer to them. There are a number of "-isms" founded on that sort of thinking and a negative reaction to such a thing can be almost reflexive. Many of us on both sides of this may not even be thinking about the source of our feelings on the matter, but will still react anyway. With that in mind, you're lucky that some members of this community have met you in you in person and are willing to defend you. Also, that this community is mostly pretty mature, as online communities go.

Then again, a few of us here were probably joining in because you were an easy target. It happens, especially online.

Dave, it's difficult to buy a tree from a 2-D picture, some of us don't have a choice. Talking on the internet is somewhat the same, to really appreciate a conversation with someone it's much better to have that conversation in person. If you ever get a chance to talk to Marco, he is always a straight shooter and a gentleman, and will help you out anyway he can, It's a shame we have to have these diatribes here, no one really can appreciate the dedication to bonsai and his willingness to share his knowledge and experience with all of us..

keep it green,
Harry

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Marco...

I find it amusing that every single one of your 16 posts is soley about your tool. :p

I think there's medication for that kind of obsession.

Put some signal in all the noise. Take 5 mins to contribute something to the community... everyone will think you are cooler for it. And no... more references to how hawt your tool is, is not what I mean. :rolleyes:

Victrinia

What else is he going to promote. Folks who promote their tool insistently normally don't have a tool to promote.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mr.Yamadori,
can I kindly ask you...what the heck is wrong with you?

Did I ever call all the members of the bonsainut.com forum "wankers"? or any members of any bonsai blogs?
Did I ever call YOU "wanker"?
Did I precisely described what in my own opinion a NBW is?

So people here is why REAL bonsai pro don't get involved in bonsai forums, here, right her is the problem. Words can hurt like blades do and it doesn't matter where they come from.

And btw.... with a perfect sense of timing, the author of the next LONELY PLANET JAPAN tour giude got in touch with me because wants me to contribute to the new edition of this world-reknown guide with a short piece on the bonsai village in Omiya as an interesting tourist attraction.
And why he got in touch with me? because searching bonsai on the net he found my website and he wrote me that the way I present bonsai is much closer to the vast odiens, more than other uptight bonsai websites from which the majority of the people don't realize how much fun bonsai can be.
Do we want to get young people interested in bonsai or we are gonna preach ZEN to the guests of the assistant living facilities???

Now who is the marketing idiot?
And Mr.Yamadori. I'm telling you one more time, come to my face to tell me I'm an idiot.

I will reply to my PM later, I just finished to work on trees all day and I'm pretty tired.
Happy mothers day to all the moms out there.

Dude, Yamadori may be a Ms.

Now whos an idiot? Having met both of you, you may not want her in your face.

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brett, you need to go back and re-negotiate the front with Marco....for me it lost its punch. If he needs his logo on the T-shirt...I'd put it on the back in front of the NBW... Pure unmolested humor on the front...business on the back. That is palatable for me to cough up my dinero.

I agree! I like the original shirt better! :D

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dude, Yamadori may be a Ms.

Now whos an idiot? Having met both of you, you may not want her in your face.

Al, you make me giggle. Vic, you are a great gal.

Attachments

• executive pose-1.jpg
    executive pose-1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 94

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
She doesn't look all that mean to me. Besides I have a black belt.

keep it green,
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom