Azalea Yardmadori

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
So I was at my girlfriends house over the weekend and she wants to get rid of this azalea on her side yard. She is very supportive of this new hobby and wants me to have it. šŸ˜

I haven't dug any of my trees out of the ground yet and really would rather not kill it. So that being said is it past the season that I could do this and should I wait until next year?

aza1.jpg

aza2.jpg

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yep the temps are heating up by you and Iā€™d pass.... however it shouldnā€™t be an issue if you can give it proper aftercare.... which in Sacramento would be in very early morning sun and open shade for most of the year with a good lot of misting of the leaves. However you might not want to baby it until the weather moderates and just ensure it gets good care in ground and some fertilizer to keep it healthy for the fall move. That would give you plenty of time to scope it out.

If your GF wants it gone ASAP, the sooner the better. I believe there is a big satsuki azalea club and bonsai shop in Sacramento that would be available to help advise you. Try this link.

btw Maruyama Bonsai Nursery rents bench space.

Good luck!
DSD sends

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks @Deep Sea Diver

You confirmed everything I was thinking. She's in no rush to get rid of it so I'll just keep it healthy until fall.

Also thanks for the link to the azalea club I never knew it existed. Maruyama though I'm very familiar with šŸ˜‰

Top Bottom