Bamboo blind for cold greenhouse...good or bad choice

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Since the pergola is being put inside the gazebo. I don't wish to do curtains. (Other than the Japanese door cloth) So I am thinking of adding texture instead of curtains. Can one put bamboo blinds up? Come winter the windows most likely will be opened a crack to help it not get to hot. So I am a bit concerned if they could handle that.

Anyone with experience with bamboo blinds?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I really love the texture this brings out in the variety of color in the blind. But, am not sure this is ideal...I read humidity can cause warping. I am wondering to the extreme they warp. Slight warping if it gave it an aged look. I could handle. To the point they were no longer functioning...then of course I would have to pass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 10

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've had them before and they never warped.

Thanks again Vin...your comment helped me make my decision. Ended up getting roman shade bamboo blinds. For I liked the valance that hides the hardware.

Getting to the point I can almost put these up...so I went ahead and ordered them. :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 9

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cone on, you are seriously asking if you can use bamboo blinds to shade your plants ? As far as warping goes, what would make it warp any more so than a bamboo beach mat, shower mat, exercise mat or for that matter all the bamboo they use for walls and shades and dividers at beach bars or waterparks?

I just don't get it ...

ed

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Cone on, you are seriously asking if you can use bamboo blinds to shade your plants ? As far as warping goes, what would make it warp any more so than a bamboo beach mat, shower mat, exercise mat or for that matter all the bamboo they use for walls and shades and dividers at beach bars or waterparks?

I just don't get it ...

ed
1. I hate the beach...and do hiking vacations. (Hate salt air...hot sand...wet sand...salt water,hate it...hate sitting and baking on hot sand...or wet sand. Not a beach person. Last time I was at a beach...was 12 years ago. I recall feeling sick from the salt air...wanting nothing but FRESH country air.)
2. I hate water parks. Though I have been to a few just for the kids sake.I more am concerned with the water features than the decor in the place. (Hate chlorine...and hate being so close to it when on the attractions they have there)

Reviews said that bamboo warps. Never used it, and was questioning what I read online to see if anyone I could trust...answer honestly...It was mentioned on the post on my gazebo topic about the windows warming up the room on warm winter days...so yes, if it would help help keep that from happening. But, I got what Grimmy suggested and bought a film that defers suns rays. The bamboo is basically for visual looks...though I will close them come winter to just because I can.

Country girl through and through. ;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Don't get me wrong...pictures of sunsets on the beach I absolutely LOVE. As long as I am not there. ;) or of beech grass and the beach...I like photos of the ocean.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Now this is what this country girl is about...:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 14

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very nice! Is this where you live? I remember the snow photo but none of the others.

The dead tree and the hot springs was a hike we took in Honduras. (When the justice of the peace heard I loved bird watching and hikes)

The waterfall known as Douglas Falls...was near Blackwater Falls,West Virginia. Considered the sister falls to Blackwater Falls. Very secluded...and NOT on a tourist map. I learned of it googling forums for ones who hike and love waterfalls. We needed a 4x4 to get to it...the holes swallowed the entire jeep literally on the road we were on. Which was an old railroad grade. The bridge we crossed...I wanted to park and walk across...part of the timber was missing and so they wedged a boulder sized rock in it's place so you wouldn't lose your car through it. When we crossed over it (with the jeep)I had heart palpitations! But, it was the best of times! We went up river to a smaller falls...and sat out in the middle of the river on rock formations and had a picnic lunch. Secluded...not one person did we see.

The Rock House in Hocking Hills,Ohio is the photo of a stone cave...us inside looking out. Then of course...the snow photo is of our back lake woods.

I absolutely LOVE being in the midst of nature around me. Where it's not "touristic" and looks basically untouched by man. Other than the trail you are on. Dappled sunlight pouring in through the canopy of the trees. :eek:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sounds like an Indiana Jones movie set! Cool!

Oh it definitely was an adventure! The ones posting on the forum stressed you would not get your car out if it wasn't 4x4. I did end up with a slight case of hives from our adventure. But, best part of our vacation was that outing.

My husband laughed at me...when I asked him to stop on that rail grade bridge on our return trip to go back to the cabin...I opened the jeep door...and gulped! The beams/timbers were spaced further than I imagined they were. And...I couldn't reach the iron sides of the bridge to hold onto. So I sent him out to get a photo of us about to cross the area that had the boulder wedged in. Showing our jeep on the bridge. CRAZY!

He laughed and said,"And YOU thought you could cross the bridge on foot!"

Top Bottom