Beech wired and ready...

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Oddly this year, it didn't loose it's leaves. Maybe it was the lateness of the cold weather, not sure why. I can get a shot with the nice copper leaves tomorrow perhaps. Thanks for your interest @AndyJ .
Mine did the same thing I had to remove them, weird this weather

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ok so it wasn't in the dead of winter naked shot, but the buds started to move so I repotted into a new amazing pot. I can see a branch that is too straight lower left. I think there is a bud inside there that will be cut back to, as bending this thick of branch is chancy on an old one like this.
The pot is Shuho, one of my faves. Thanks to @Dav4 that he wasn't watching FB when this one got posted. I've been looking for a pot I think now for 3 seasons. This one is perfect I think. What say you?
P1020836.jpgP1020837.jpgP1020838.jpg

Vindeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok so it wasn't in the dead of winter naked shot, but the buds started to move so I repotted into a new amazing pot. I can see a branch that is too straight lower left. I think there is a bud inside there that will be cut back to, as bending this thick of branch is chancy on an old one like this.
The pot is Shuho, one of my faves. Thanks to @Dav4 that he wasn't watching FB when this one got posted. I've been looking for a pot I think now for 3 seasons. This one is perfect I think. What say you?
View attachment 186256View attachment 186257View attachment 186258
It’s definitely the perfect pot for that tree.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's been a loooong hunt. Dave kept snapping everything up before I could get them....

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Nice pot and tree for sure. I’d also think about shortening that middle trunk a bit

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A major trunk chop is in place here!

J/k ofcourse. Great tree and I'm glad you found the right pot for it.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Super nice! Thumbs up all around! I may want to shorten it a bit Juds.
I see what you are talking about, There is a natural rounded place that it can come back to, but I need to make sure I get the buds back further in moving and get the tree settled. I will look at doing it this year.
Thanks all!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Is this tree still going? Pretty cool Beech.
I do not own this tree any more, I made a decision to move to smaller trees several years ago, and this was one of the largest trees I had at the time. Thank you for liking the tree it was a very nice beech!

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I do not own this tree any more, I made a decision to move to smaller trees several years ago, and this was one of the largest trees I had at the time. Thank you for liking the tree it was a very nice beech!
would love to have seen how this progressed. I just dug one up his weekend.

Top Bottom