Been a bit

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Just thought I'd drop back in to being a Bnutter - 2019-2020 has been a year of Chaos and things are normalizing for me I'll just thought I'd say Hello again. I still have all my trees, well mostly, and a few have suffered but that just means I can work some magic and get things back to tip top shape. Anyway it's good to be back

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice to "read" you again! ;) 😁 😁 😁

Hope you took it out on some weights and got all swole like I suggested during your sad spell.:)

Lost my pops a couple of months ago so I can see where your at.

Let's see those beasts in the garden like I 'member!!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Welcome back. Let see your Prunus Mume blooming soon.
I think there are some flowers on it this year but I've been trimming a little hard so it may not flower - been just getting growth rather the trying to get flowers. I did however take a ton of cuttings and they all did great and I think A few have flowers - going to make a clump ume

Last edited:

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8

Hope you took it out on some weights and got all swole like I suggested during your sad spell.:)

I did actually - I got nicknamed the bear in my family because I kinda went nuts on the whole workout thing. 😅 I miss him but I moved to a bigger house and dedicated my whole garden to him to remember him as 5 -6 of the yamadori I have were collected with him.

Yeah I'm working on a rather large garden for all the tree's so I'll start posting pics of some of the beasts

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think there are some flowers on it this year but I've been trimming a little hard so it may not flower - been just getting growth rather the trying to get flowers. I did however take a ton of cuttings and they all did great and I think A few have flowers - going to make a clump ume
How'd ya take those cuttings? There was a thread a few days or weeks ago on ume cuttings. Some say to cut them in fall and bury in sand or throw in the fridge. Curious what you did.

Awesome you stuck to working out man, people largely underestimate the impact of lifting weights/exercising and spending some time in the sun. Plus, if you took progression pictures thats always something you can look back on and say wow, at least I've made progress in some ways!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Let's see those beech trees

maybe buy me a drink first before with get all gratuitous ;)

j/k They are doing very well pretty well ramified in all there crazy too - I work during the day light hours not that it get's dark a 430 - this weekend I plan on posting a few pics

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
How'd ya take those cuttings? There was a thread a few days or weeks ago on ume cuttings. Some say to cut them in fall and bury in sand or throw in the fridge. Curious what you did.

Awesome you stuck to working out man, people largely underestimate the impact of lifting weights/exercising and spending some time in the sun. Plus, if you took progression pictures thats always something you can look back on and say wow, at least I've made progress in some ways!

I'm lazy so I just cut (about4 to 6 inches long) them after the last frost put them in one of those white small Styrofoam cooler things - dabbed in root hormones, then planted in an organic based potting soil and didn't let it dry out at all - only lost 1 on 8

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm lazy so I just cut (about4 to 6 inches long) them after the last frost put them in one of those white small Styrofoam cooler things - dabbed in root hormones, then planted in an organic based potting soil and didn't let it dry out at all - only lost 1 on 8
Little confused, so you stored them in the Styrofoam until spring and then dipped in root hormone and planted?

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Little confused, so you stored them in the Styrofoam until spring and then dipped in root hormone and planted?

After the last frost (around late Feb. late March here) I cut them off the mother plant and then I planted them in one of these. Acts as a insulated bonsai pot

Attachments

• 81v5KQ8LvkL._SX342_.jpg
    81v5KQ8LvkL._SX342_.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 2

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

So sorry to hear that...heartfelt condolences.

@Giga ...good to see you back.. it's like Norm reentering...or should I say...Cheers tv sitcom. .

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Top Bottom