Bonsai Nut App

martibab

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?

I have enabled a feature that allows you (on Chrome or Android devices) to easily install a Bonsai Nut app on your device. The next time you are on your tablet or phone, in your browser navigation menu (upper right corner in Chrome) you should have an option to "install App".

Not only do you get a nice link with a Bnut icon, but the app has certa, in features that help it work better on mobile platforms. At the least, it is a one button link to the site :)
Hi
I have enabled a feature that allows you (on Chrome or Android devices) to easily install a Bonsai Nut app on your device. The next time you are on your tablet or phone, in your browser navigation menu (upper right corner in Chrome) you should have an option to "install App".

Not only do you get a nice link with a Bnut icon, but the app has certain features that help it work better on mobile platforms. At the least, it is a one button link to the site :)
Hi, I got an invitation to install the app on my Android phone and it looks very nice, thanks! However, I've been trying to find the app on my Android Fire tablet for a while now, without success. I've searched the Bonsainut website but still no luck. Can you steer me in the right direction, please?
Thanks
Brian

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
The new app works great, thanks!!

Normally I use the app Tapatalk to read several forums, maybe that is another option for users of iPhone.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hi

Hi, I got an invitation to install the app on my Android phone and it looks very nice, thanks! However, I've been trying to find the app on my Android Fire tablet for a while now, without success. I've searched the Bonsainut website but still no luck. Can you steer me in the right direction, please?
Thanks
Brian
Amazon Fire tablets use Fire OS, which though based on Android is not exactly the same thing. And most importantly, Amazon makes it difficult (though not impossible) to load Google's Play Store on their devices. If you want to browse Bonsai Nut from the Fire browser, everything will work fine, but if you want to use the app, you will need to install Google Play first. Do a search on "install Google Play on Fire tablet" and see if it is something you want to try. It is not hard if you are technically inclined, but it certainly isn't as easy as just clicking a button.

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Hi

Thanks
Brian
Are you using chrome on the tablet? If not, get chrome and retry?

Just got it on my phone it works great, thanks B-Nut!!

martibab

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
Are you using chrome on the tablet? If not, get chrome and retry?

Just got it on my phone it works great, thanks B-Nut!!
Yes, I'm using Chrome, but still can't find the link to install the app.

martibab

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
Amazon Fire tablets use Fire OS, which though based on Android is not exactly the same thing. And most importantly, Amazon makes it difficult (though not impossible) to load Google's Play Store on their devices. If you want to browse Bonsai Nut from the Fire browser, everything will work fine, but if you want to use the app, you will need to install Google Play first. Do a search on "install Google Play on Fire tablet" and see if it is something you want to try. It is not hard if you are technically inclined, but it certainly isn't as easy as just clicking a button.
Thanks for replying. I already had installed Play Store, but if I search for the app in Play Store it does not find it.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
If you open the forum in your browser of your (Android) phone you can click on the 3 dots in the right top corner, there you will find "Intsall App".
This is how I installed the app.

martibab

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
Thanks for replying. I already had installed Play Store, but if I search for the app in Play Store it does not find it.
The other thing that bothers me is that if I open the app info for the Bonsainut app, it directs me to Google Play Store, but then can't find the app in Play Store. Is the app actually in Play Store?

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The app works via Firefox for Android, but DuckDuckGo is a no-go, for you security minded types.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I just switched to iOS and was missing this, but i’ve come up with a workaround that is quite good, and maybe even better than the Android app thing. It has enabled me to have a hot link to Bonsai Nut on Safari, without having to renavigate through my list of tabs, and just generally makes it feel like an app.

To do this, I’ve used the built in Shortcuts app.

First, you’ll need to open Safari and make a new tab group. In my example, this is named “bonsai.” within this tab group, open BNut. Switch to the Shortcuts app, and create a new shortcut. To this shortcut, add two Safari actions.
1) Open Tab Group, then select the tab group you made.
2) Open Tab, and similarly select your tab.

When you’re done, it should look something like the attachment. I added this to my homescreen and added the BNut logo, so now i have a super fast way to get back to the page!

Here’s a copy of my shortcut: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/993c8ccf68b14d24bb1a501fc824a6ee

You’ll probably need to update the tab targets, but it may be a start. I may fiddle with this more, as if i close the tab, it doesn’t really work.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.png
    IMG_0379.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 7

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
And for an easier guide, here’s a video.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I usually just have it open in safari at all times.
I did just create the desktop shortcut so it looks like I have an app now. The site works well on safari.

Top Bottom