Brown leaf spots - Azalea

LucaSt

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey,

I received this Azalea 10 days ago via mail delivery, kept it inside for couple of days, then moved it in a small greenhouse.
It was already a bit brownish on a side when I received it, and I thought it was because of the mail trip...but it still has brown spots....can you guys tell me what can it be?

I attached couple of photos from the top and underneath the leaves...have a look please!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• bIMG-9903.JPG
    bIMG-9903.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 23
  • bIMG-9902.JPG
    bIMG-9902.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 23
  • bIMG-9901.JPG
    bIMG-9901.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tIMG-9900.JPG
    tIMG-9900.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 22
  • tIMG-9899.JPG
    tIMG-9899.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 21
  • tIMG-9898.JPG
    tIMG-9898.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 25

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Greetings, tree associate.

Neat-looking specimen.

You stated that you kept this guy inside before moving it to a greenhouse. When did that occur? Like duration inside, and how long it’s been experiencing outdoors? ((also ship time (time in a box) and the climate shipped FROM (If it varies) will offer further bits of understanding)

Have the “browning areas” spread or increased since you’ve been observing them? Or are you just noticing that they are STILL there?

Certain trees “wear their stress on their sleeve” for a while... but I’m not sure. Someone will materialize to offer more precise information. :)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Could the tree have gotten too dry perhaps, or too much sun too fast? Looks like it could be drying and overexposure. Introduce to the sun gradually, good sun in the AM and shade during the hotter hours. As this is in a small pot, it could be the roots got dry and hot. As it's stressed out, I would consider removing the blooms to save energy. Do look around for any pests that may be causing the issue.

LucaSt

Seedling
Reaction score
Greetings to you!

I kept them inside for 5-6 days than my flatmate started working on refurbishing the house (so loads of dust), it started doing good outside so I had to put them in the greenhouse. So 6 days inside and 4 days outside.

The shipping took 4 days, same climate I guess....I am in London and that was just outside. The trees were in a box but well packaged in proper plastic containers, so they didn't get smashed/squashed.

It looks like that they are still there....also because new born leaves look ok to me.

Attached some photo of when I received it...and it looks like there were already brown spots....what do you guys think?

(Yeah, I don't keep it under direct sun light on hot hours....only a bit of morning sun!)

Attachments

• RIMG-9777.JPG
    RIMG-9777.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 17
  • RIMG-9778.JPG
    RIMG-9778.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 18

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
There’s a great of change going on in this plant’s life right now.. it’s making diagnosis difficult (at least for a nuisance like me) ;) . I agree with @JudyB about removing blooms to conserve energy...her advice will be SOUND.

Top Bottom