Can a Juniper live well with the right care inside?

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I used to have two 400W equivalent CFL light bulbs under a light hood/reflector. The two lights consumed about 128W.

A few months ago, I switched over to a single LED light. Not your everyday LED, but a COB led array (Cree CXA 3070). This is what is lighting the juniper in my pics from this morning. The light consumes 96W.

My lights run 16 hours a day normally, but I've also ran them 24/7 for several weeks at a time. I only switch back to 16 hours a day due to the ~$40/month extra on my electricity bill.

Misters/sprayers? Nope. I put them in a ebb and flow hydroponic setup since day 1. My fert is a commercial cucumber one that is 4-18-36 (http://www.hydro-gardens.com/81636....th for a single lamp with your electric rates

Stiple

Sapling
Reaction score
How do you get $40/month added to your electric bill with a light that pulls 96 watts ? It should be more like $4/month for a single lamp with your electric rates

To be honest, I'm not that sure if it will be that much of a difference. I only remember that it shot up a noticeable difference after leaving the lights on 24/7 for 2 months.

However, I just did the math and at .1c/kWh and lights on 16h x 30d would put the cost at $4.65. I think you just inadvertently found my "in" to get my wife to let me throw a few more lights in... :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom