Climate change

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
a webcam on a beach, is that an evidence proving or disproving anything?
that's quite laughable
https://maldivesfinest.com/maldives-sinking
What's laughable is your obstinate state of mind. If that is not evidence of a failed prediction from the same people who are making current predictions. The evidence is staring you in the face and you still argue against it. Do you think that is not the Maldives? Some sort of cover up? You are worse than I thought. I give up. Believe what you want.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone

papymandarin

Shohin
Reaction score
again you are confusing what media said with what science actually says. i'd like to see the scientific publication who claimed that the maldives should be under water by now. It's indeed not, doesn't change the fact that the rising see level already causes them a lot of problems that will only increase to the point that they are already considering leaving. Again there is no debate to speak of in the scientific community about the reality of the global warming and the fact it is man induced, this debate only exists in medias and politics
And leatherjack you are so right, they don't even realize they are brainwhashed by their own medias, i also heard a lot (here and elsewhere) the same argument, which is laughable again when USA is the second worldwide leader in "clean technologies" and that it is creating more new jobs for US workers than even the oil industry...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And leatherjack you are so right, they don't even realize they are brainwhashed by their own medias, i also heard a lot (here and elsewhere) the same argument, which is laughable again when USA is the second worldwide leader in "clean technologies" and that it is creating more new jobs for US workers than even the oil industry
Were not all brainwashed over here!
Some of our brains are still very dirty.
Mines filthy.

papymandarin

Shohin
Reaction score
well of course my "they" was not intended to all USA or Australia, only to those (whatever the country, we also have some here but fortunately they are not as powerful around here, probably because we don't really have big oil companies) unable to distinguish between propaganda and science. Actually, doing some research on this topic of science denial the last past days, i even came to discover they were still people seriously believing the earth is flat, and i thought i could not see something more stupid than the "creation institute" lol

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
well of course my "they" was not intended to all USA or Australia, only to those (whatever the country, we also have some here but fortunately they are not as powerful around here, probably because we don't really have big oil companies) unable to distinguish between propaganda and science. Actually, doing some research on this topic of science denial the last past days, i even came to discover they were still people seriously believing the earth is flat, and i thought i could not see something more stupid than the "creation institute" lol

Yeah shocking what you come across:

- HIV does not cause aids
- Vaccinations causes autism
- Models are just an approximationand cannot be taken serious
- The holocaust did not take place
- The world wants to destroy the Islam
- ET walks amongst us, and the gverment is hiding it from us
- Man never walked on the moon

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah shocking what you come across:

- HIV does not cause aids
- Vaccinations causes autism
- Models are just an approximationand cannot be taken serious
- The holocaust did not take place
- The world wants to destroy the Islam
- ET walks amongst us, and the gverment is hiding it from us
- Man never walked on the moon

Crazy isnt it?
But yet it hapens.
My winters have been getting milder here.
Were seeing more tornados in Michigan than ever before every year.
Summer droughts,wet autumns and drier winters.
It's getting hotter here during the summer months.
But if you ask certain people it isnt happening.
They dont want to or wont admit it ever.
It's just the way they are.
Education and science arent important to them unless they needvit.
All they need to do is ask a farmer.
These guys know all about climate change.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Crazy isnt it?
But yet it hapens.
My winters have been getting milder here.
Were seeing more tornados in Michigan than ever before every year.
Summer droughts,wet autumns and drier winters.
It's getting hotter here during the summer months.
But if you ask certain people it isnt happening.
They dont want to or wont admit it ever.
It's just the way they are.
Education and science arent important to them unless they needvit.
All they need to do is ask a farmer.
These guys know all about climate change.
Keep in mind that what doesn't happen on the west coast changes what happens on the east coast....

just sayin

Look at the upper air currents since Sindai you'll see the change

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's like saying inaccurate predictions shouldn't be the basis of law and policy.
And how much (un)certainty would you want to see? We buy insurance for events with less probability. If there is a 1% chance it would be enough for me (we are talking about irreversible change to the climate system which humans cannot survive.)

papymandarin

Shohin
Reaction score
i have no doubt it will cost lives, but the extinction of the species itself is a bit too much of a prediction yet, no doubt some will be able to afford to protect themselves whatever that means. But no doubt it will be the end of the civilizations/societies as we know them

papymandarin

Shohin
Reaction score
i was just talking about our species....i'm biologist, i'm quite aware of the loss of diversity we already caused and continue on causing

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i'm biologist
lol. Guess we can shake hands. Ecosystems analys, Wageningen UR. PhD in remote sensing of vegetation fysiology. After working on dry cropping systems in Australia, anymal migration in Kenya/UK and sugars in grasses in Australia got out of science though.

Jm91080

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Whatever side you're on when it comes to climate.change, I'm sure we can all agree that it may be critically important for us to all make sure our trees make it. Bonsai collections may end up being the only source for genetics for some species. you have to plan for the worst. I for one couldn't imagine the permanent loss of ilex opaca or thuja occidentalis. I think we should all consider the responsibilities and the respect that we have for our ancestors and our descendants, and the debt we owe to mother earth and all of nature. We just can't lose what we have here, and by our own hands, even worse.

Jm91080

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm an entirely too dedicated backwoods yamadori hunter and I've stopped collecting from my really special places , lately, mainly because I find myself wondering, " will I be able to survive AND make sure my trees and gardens survive AND somehow help this spot survive if these new climate predictions should come to pass?" Its heartbreaking, ive cried in the woods a few times lol.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If there really is a Global Warming going on and there are a multitude of studies and statistics claiming it is not so, then what are we, as human beings, going to do about it?
Too late. We didnt do anything when we still had a chance, back in the 80s and 90s. Greed and unbridled capitalism have brought about the demise of our civilization. I imagine this is what it felt to be a Roman citizen and witness the barbarians overrunning Rome. Dont get me wrong, it is not the end of the world (life is probably way more resilient than that) or of our species (we've survived glaciations before). But our civilization seems to be doomed. And justly so: we have known about this for decades. We have also had the technical means to deal with it. Just not the political will to do it. We deserve it. But it is bringing untold misery and it will only get worse.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
again you are confusing what media said with what science actually says. i'd like to see the scientific publication who claimed that the maldives should be under water by now. It's indeed not, doesn't change the fact that the rising see level already causes them a lot of problems that will only increase to the point that they are already considering leaving. Again there is no debate to speak of in the scientific community about the reality of the global warming and the fact it is man induced, this debate only exists in medias and politics
And leatherjack you are so right, they don't even realize they are brainwhashed by their own medias, i also heard a lot (here and elsewhere) the same argument, which is laughable again when USA is the second worldwide leader in "clean technologies" and that it is creating more new jobs for US workers than even the oil industry...
Oh for Pete's sake. Where do you think the media gets their information from? They get it from predictions from the IPCC who in turn get it from their scientific researches. Jeezuz! What's that matter with you? There are any amount of catastrophic sea level rise predictions. They are NOT made up by the media. They are REPORTED by the media.
The Sea level is rising at more or less 1mm per year (depending on where you are in the world, but you can round it off to 1mm per year) and has been doing so since coming out of the little ice age. We have coped with this quite well for 100 years and will continue to do so. There is no, repeat, NO INCREASE IN THE RATE OF RISE. The proof is here below. (there are plenty of other good charts from the US. This one is from Fort Denison Au).

Look at the recorded rise and it's rate!

LOOK!!!!!!.....0.6 +/- 0.1 mm/year since 1880.

sealevel.GIF

Whenever you sea problems with coastlines on the TV or the news papers, it is due to erosion from storm surges or land displacement from tectonic influences or both. Not sea level rise. There is one ''brainwashed'' person here - and that's you my friend. You are on the wrong side! By the way the above chart is from NOAA.

Last edited:

papymandarin

Shohin
Reaction score
Top Bottom