Collected Shohin Juniper.

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Holy schnikeys Will. With that view it seems to me a shame to do ANYTHING other than figure out a way to add to the outstretched 'arm'. Maybe it was the "dancing lady" comment making something click in my brain but that is one incredibly evocative photo to me. It's like Boris Vallejo bonsai. :cool: I love it.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice movement and yes after looking at the last pic I can see a dancing lady. The first pic was difficult to see, I have one of those also that I picked up last summer from a nursery. Its a Juniperus Virgiana "Silver Spreader", identical foliage and they grow like mad. I never thought too much of the foliage at the time as I figured it hadn't been tamed yet.

Wrt the foliage lets keep tabs on it and share our experiences. It received a prelim styling last year and was planted out in a pond basket. I wired and lightly trimed mine yesterday. I sure hope we can tame the foliage.

Attachments

• 18 June 06 163 R.jpg
    18 June 06 163 R.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I didn't say a word and just kneeled beside her to see what she meant.

I finally got it....

Funny how that works, no limits on the imagination, and no rule constraints can do wonders. Been in that situation a time or two myself.

Nice find Will, should be a great little stonker a bit down the road.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is amazing what we can learn from the young.

The question is if I should go with the imageor ignore it? Maybe foliage as streaming hair.....?

We'll see I guess,

Will

John Hill

Mame
Reaction score
It is amazing what we can learn from the young.

The question is if I should go with the imageor ignore it? Maybe foliage as streaming hair.....?

We'll see I guess,

Will

really nice Will,, I Like it a lot! Your daughter has great vision. I would go with it. Maybe do a shari going into a jin at her fingertips. ;) Then wait to see what foliage you will have to work with.

Maybe something like this? No disrespect at all ;)

A Friend in bonsai
John

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the jin at the fingertips idea John, thanks.

It reminds me of another tree I saw someplace, can't remember where....

Attachments

• treenymph.jpg
    treenymph.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 56
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the jin at the fingertips idea John, thanks.

It reminds me of another tree I saw someplace, can't remember where....

Is that an actual tree or a virtual one? Either way, I like your natural trunk better. I see Nick Lenz' name written all over this tree.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Will, I think Nick would get a good chuckle out of that, his type of humor from my experiance with him.:cool:

Top Bottom