Collecting a Juni in the North? Timing Question...

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wanna come, too!
I feel a gathering taking place.. {me too, me too}

As for gun-toting bastards: They are often pacified when a sixpack is dangling in one hand. Ugh, me comes in peace :D

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll send you fellers a Fukien Tea for target practice.

Bet Brews grandma wins!

How bout partially defoliating a tree via bullet?

I don't trust myself with guns!
And I don't think I could afford a bullet for everyone who needs one!
I don't like starting things I can't finish!

Except Bonsai Lol!

Sorce

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So I've dropped by a couple times in the past week, but no one's been there. Today I happened to bump into a neighbor - you should have seen the look on here face when I said "Hi, I'm Kevin, I'm actually an amateur bonsai artist" (little white lie, I know, still have a few years to go before I can make that claim but I needed something to make me look good...;)) Not the brightest of the bunch, but I left a card with my number and she said she'd let the person know to give me a call.

Grrr... this is so aggravating! May's a comin' and I need to get to diggin'!!! I want this friggin' Juni!:mad:

Sad thing is, the way it's going it may succumb to the new rock salt with de-icer additives the state is using within a year or two based on what I can see - this one plant used to be part of a 4x12' hedge less than 10 years ago...:(

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn.
Tick Tick Tick.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah. Every Time I see a Brew post I think it might be the one!

Sorce

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Well did anything happen? A prospect for next spring? Inquisitive minds want to know.
Yeah. Every Time I see a Brew post I think it might be the one!

Sorce

I wish!

Never heard back from the guy, guess me offering money or to plant something better wasn't good enough. I actually haven't driven by the juni in a while, kinda afraid to... If I do and it's not there I'm liable to storm the guy's lawn...

Me: "What happened to the juniper?"

Him: "Eh, decided to get rid of it so I cut it up and threw it in the chipper"

Me: "YOU STUPID F**KING C**K SUCKING PIECE OF S**T! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN $100 RICHER AND I WOULD HAD MY JUNI!!!" And my grandma can hold him down while I beat him with my collecting shovel!

Can ya tell I'm a little miffed he never responded? Oh well, nothing I can do since it's not my property, just a shame though... It's such a nice plant and I really feel it's on it's way out if it suffers a few more winters at the hands of the state's chemical ice melters on the road. Ok Kevin, breathe....

Top Bottom