Coming along...cold greenhouse

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Coming along...the opposite left side still needs the top of the shelving yet. And I am considering a lower shelf under the shelf where the pergola is. The main area is huge...I could easily use my bakers table as an island if I chose to. Pushing it to the side under the window that doesn't have a shelf that I had planned on putting it to begin with. Lots of room for trees to store come winter on the floor. (As suggested by Grimmy...thanks for the suggestion)

imagejpg1_zps656ee56a.jpg

imagejpg2_zpse3022759.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsaa0d6226.jpg

imagejpg4_zps51e3cc85.jpg

Very nice!
If I had something like that,It would be stuffed with trees in winter.Something I could actually walk into.
I use a couple deep cold frames for now.

Very nice!
If I had something like that,It would be stuffed with trees in winter.Something I could actually walk into.
I use a couple deep cold frames for now.

That's the plan...can't believe my husband ever gave up his hot tub room for me to have this. I had wishful thinking. But never voiced it...his employee actually put the bug in his ear that I would get more use from it than he did. Since he rarely used his hot tub any longer.

Turning out very nice! Not so sure I'd have given up the hot tub though, while I love bonsai I love being in a hot tub with a woman more! :p

Turning out very nice! Not so sure I'd have given up the hot tub though, while I love bonsai I love being in a hot tub with a woman more! :p
Thanks!
Lol well his woman hated the hot tub. ;) (Chemicals bothered my eyes and made me miserable.) It was used more when our boys were small and thought it cool.

Ya'll did an excellent job....I wanna see it full of trees now.

Brian

What an inspiring setting; tree tops in the background, bonsai lined shelves, antique workbench and the squeak of a cast iron turntable while working on some trees. Doesn't get much better than that.. Great job!

Ya'll did an excellent job....I wanna see it full of trees now.

Brian

Thanks Brian...I really like that old cedar they had at the lumber yard. It's not really offered to anyone off the street. Only contractors have access to some of their material. Fortunately I'm married to one. :eek:

I don't have many trees Brian...my biggest thing is to get what I have through winter. Then...I see me going more into native trees that do go dormant. Now next winter...I hope to be able to fill it with confidence.

What an inspiring setting; tree tops in the background, bonsai lined shelves, antique workbench and the squeak of a cast iron turntable while working on some trees. Doesn't get much better than that.. Great job!

Lake front view as well. :eek: Thanks Vin you paint a great visual...can't wait to get my stuff out there!

:confused: Seems I've been "banned" from going out into the gazebo. He has one more shelf top to build along the left of the pergola. So not sure what or why the reasoning to ban me...other than he must have something in the works to surprise me with something I didn't know he was doing. I assumed it would mimic the right side of the pergola's shelf.

I like surprises don't get me wrong...but I hate not being able to go out to watch him work. :(

Looks fantastic Darlene!

Thanks!

He's putting a clear coat on everything finally...the "secret" was two higher up shelves I hadn't mentioned but,he felt I could use. Looks great if I have to say so myself. Once the roman blinds are up and things are in place I'll take a finished photo.

Thanks!

He's putting a clear coat on everything finally...the "secret" was two higher up shelves I hadn't mentioned but,he felt I could use. Looks great if I have to say so myself. Once the roman blinds are up and things are in place I'll take a finished photo.
Did it ever get finished?

Did it ever get finished?
Here took a quick step inside with Temps dropping ... moved the trees inside for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom