Corny jigs

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
There was a time (?) when borders, people, cultures, were not that important (?), at least not that important to totally destroy all the people of a different culture, or color, or political views, etc. in a place everyone can call his own. Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Dudeist, etc., who really cares ? Even in Buffalo NY, 100% of the people there just want to live in harmony.

Don't believe the fascists, let's believe in "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" 👍

FanTASTIC!!

That's gonna be STUCK... DEEP in my head.. very infectious..

Hehe.. "but they're all in Ukraine."... Wondrous.

🤓

(I appreciate your inclusion of 'Dudeism' ...that's a classy move, man. ;) )

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I ran across this rendition of a "classic", by one of my favorite groups, and thought of you, @AlainK , AND this thread.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
My kid started off playing trad fiddle but he’s on a jazz kick now. Here’s “How Insensitive” from this past winter.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My kid started off playing trad fiddle but he’s on a jazz kick now. Here’s “How Insensitive” from this past winter.
Very nice!!!

I've been listening to a lot of Thelonious Monk.....Jazz is nice.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Following your outline.. First for my anger! SLAVA UKRAINI!!!

And some (more modern) corny, light-hearted goodness.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That's fine. It's not exactly my favorite either, but it hit me out of nowhere last night.
May I ask why? Just curious.
Because I understand what it's about and I find it very sad. I've had some family members struggle with drugs.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Because I understand what it's about and I find it very sad. I've had some family members struggle with drugs.
Might be why it - of all songs - popped in my head. Stressful start to the new school year, and I've had to step up my efforts to keep myself sober. 2 months since my last relapse as of this past Monday, and that's a new personal record for the past 2 1/2 years. Generally not one to keep count, but that last one was a doozy, and a game changer.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Might be why it - of all songs - popped in my head. Stressful start to the new school year, and I've had to step up my efforts to keep myself sober. 2 months since my last relapse as of this past Monday, and that's a new personal record for the past 2 1/2 years. Generally not one to keep count, but that last one was a doozy, and a game changer.
Keep fighting the good fight, I believe in you. My brother was an alcoholic and drug addict and he has 30 years in with AA and is doing great. You can do it for your kids, and yourself.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Stressful start to the new school year

That's what we say in French : Courage !

Trying to beat an addiction is an everyday struggle. Don't give up.

I don't know if you're a student or a teacher, but when I was a pupil, then a student, then a teacher, the start of the knew school year stressed me too, but in a positive way : new fellow-students or teachers, a time to build something new, an almost clean slate. Exciting in fact.

Two weeks ago, I went to the tobacconist's to buy a pouch of tobacco, In spite of patches and e-cig, I still haven't managed to give up the habit. There was a guy drinking a beer at the counter, and he said "Hey, hello MR K. Remember me , I was the troublemaker in (...)". I didn't remember him, until he said his family name (family names are more diverse than first names, that were mainly "traditional" names at that time, or "new trendy" ones)
Oh, yes, I remember now. That was 30 years ago. He had changed more than I had ! Fair-haired blue-eye boys with glasses and a moustache or beard are probably less common here than in other places.

He offered me a beer, he was just back from his best friend's birthday party, but it was near 11 AM -I never drink so early, so I declined his offer. When I left, he thanked me : though he was a real pain in the.. neck, he never felt I despised him, and never punished him. He thanked me for "everything I did for them". Obviously still a bit drunk, but that really came from the heart, and I felt proud...

I always tried to sort out any problem with my pupils, not sending them to the principal's office or giving them detention. In the last school I was, in almost twenty years, I think the number of hours fo detention I gave can be counted on Django Reinhardt's left hand. <LOL>

To me, the "human factor" is 50% of what makes the difference. He was not a good pupil, but now he has his own business, a wife and 2 children, and it's always a reward to see that you didn't destry kids, that they could become responsible adults.

So : Courage !

PS : I was never drunk, or stoned on the job. Just missed 1 or 2 days in a school year because of a hangover, that's all.

I've always thought that everybody has their qualities, sometimes, they are not "school" qualities, but if you treat children right, and don't discourage them, they will become citizens that will have their place in society, and be happy - for happiness is just moments of happiness, but everyone soon learns that without a 12-year course...

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That's what we say in French : Courage !

Trying to beat an addiction is an everyday struggle. Don't give up.

I don't know if you're a student or a teacher, but when I was a pupil, then a student, then a teacher, the start of the knew school year stressed me too, but in a positive way : new fellow-students or teachers, a time to build something new, an almost clean slate. Exciting in fact.

Two weeks ago, I went to the tobacconist's to buy a pouch of tobacco, In spite of patches and e-cig, I still haven't managed to give up the habit. There was a guy drinking a beer at the counter, and he said "Hey, hello MR K. Remember me , I was the troublemaker in a class". I didn't remember him, until he sid his family name : oh, yes, I remember now. That was 30 years ago, he had changed more than I had !

He offered me a beer, he was just back from his best friend's birthday party, but it was near 11 AM -I never drink so early, so I declined his offer. When I left, he thanked me : though he was a real pain in the.. neck, he never felt I dispised him, and never punished him. I always tried to sort out any problem "between us", not sending pupils to the principal's office or giving them detention. In the last school I was, in almost twenty years, I thuink the number of hours fo detention I gave can be counted on Django Reinhardt's left hand.

To me, the "human factor" is 50% of what makes the difference. He was not a good pupil, but now he has his own business, a wife and 2 children, and it's always a reward to see that you didn't destry kids, that they could become responsible adults.

So : Courage !

PS : I was never drunk, or stoned on the job. Just missed 1 or 2 days in a school year because of a hangover, that's all.

Hehe!... Then it should be an easier journey ..

When I was... Different...

...By 7 a.m. I had drank enough liquor to knock a "Social Drinker" unconscious.... Keeping that "level" maintained throughout the day... And NEVER visibly "drunk" (until the evenings 🤣)

I was "plastered" all my waking hours and also averaging 3.9 GPA... Or working my jobs... Highly "functioning", I believe they called it.

Alcohol was, to me, Like refined sugar or caffeine is to others...

No wonder my organs suck!

,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Congratulations Shady!... Keep on cruisin'!

Alain, I hit 3 years DRY (and 4.5 years off 'Drugs') on June 29....

Your goals are attainable... But INTENT has to be correctly actualized... Or nothing will "stick"..

It HAS to be for YOU... and no ONE or THING else.

I love you guys, my energy is with you.

🤓

Top Bottom