Dan92119 Q. Suber #1

Dan92119

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
When I found this tree it was in a one gallon pot on its side. It had been that way very a long time, so it grew side ways. I have had the tree for probably about 4 years. The goal is to make it into some type of cascade if that is even possible. I am requesting some advice as to how to get there.

IMG_0597.JPEGIMG_0598.JPEGIMG_0599.JPEGIMG_0592.JPEGIMG_0587.JPEGIMG_0586.JPEGIMG_0591.JPEGIMG_0593.JPEGIMG_0596.JPEG

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Looks like it’s already started to be shaped for a semi cascade, dunno about a full cascade yet the first question to be answered is, “Is this tree suitable for bonsai?”

So a couple ideas.

1. Get the tree healthy. It looks like it’s just holding its own. Be sure it’s watered regularly and start fertilizing it regularly. I’d try something like a fish emulsion and humic acid every other week and sprinkle on some Osmocote plus... to get it going and see if it will start livening up and back bud.
2. Find out what type of tree this is. You can post a thread here requesting identification to start with or go to a native plant nursery and see if they can help. Once you know it’s identity, you will be able to get information on if it is bonsai able.

cheers
DSD sends

Dan92119

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It’s a cork oak. It’s pushing a lot of growth right now. About 3 inch right now of new growth.

Top Bottom