Day...uh..is this a... what day is this? Lockdown update

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
I think I am still missing the point. Maybe I am poorly informed. Maybe someone is just playing us all.

How many people do you personally know that have been infected?
Because .. at our university 0 known cases. None of my friends have it. And so far, nobody in my friends' circle has it.

Are we really closing down the whole world for a virus that has caused what.. 10K of people to die?
In a normal winter, 5K people die in the Netherlands alone through ailments pushed over the edge by flue.

Open question: Are we overreacting? And if not, why not?
My wife is a respiratory therapist and has shared some good explanations with me about what makes this so dangerous. To the best of my understanding, this is a “novel” coronavirus, meaning it originated in animals and mutated to transmit to humans. Flu is a human borne and spread virus. This means we already have the RNA strands in our bodies to recognize and attack flu, but COVID-19 has RNA strands our human bodies do not have, therefore our immune systems have no natural defenses against it. It is very long lived on surfaces outside of the body and is extremely contagious. It also acts very quickly to fill the alveoli in our lungs (sacs that allow for gaseous exchange) with fluid, causing severe pneumonia. Sounds like you basically drown in fluid your own body produces due to the virus. A good quote I heard was that when all is said and done, if all of this seems like a severe overreaction and much ado about nothing, then we did everything right. Hopefully enough of us take this seriously to avoid major catastrophe. People dying alone in hospitals all over the world from this is already catastrophic, but if we are smart we will limit the damage done.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Do dog biscuits go better with beer, or wine?😁 Hope your old man does well.

Warm milk actually, kind of like porridge. :D
Thanks as well, he should be ok as he lives on a houseboat in a marina that is far enough away from the next biggest town which isn't a bad place to ride this out.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please tell us what lockdown is like in China.
Well, in my town we only had 400 cases at the peak so we still had limited movement privileges. Shopping malls and living complexes only had 1 entrance open, temperatures get checked and you gotta sign in every time, everywhere you go, which was annoying.

however, I had some lung issues as a kid which left me with this cough that’s incredibly loud, so I limited my going out to the absolute minimum because I don’t want people in hazmat suits jumping on me for no reason.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5 to 8 years old - Bronchitis
2 months ago - Bronchitis ----------- I have not left the yard as
of 2 weeks ago.

Sea air kills Bronchitis and calms Asthma. Salt.

News update - Gvt. lying - 40 plus cases not 13

Spraying the air with liquid zinc
Good Day
Anthony

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
5 to 8 years old - Bronchitis
2 months ago - Bronchitis ----------- I have not left the yard as
of 2 weeks ago.

Sea air kills Bronchitis and calms Asthma. Salt.

News update - Gvt. lying - 40 plus cases not 13

Spraying the air with liquid zinc
Good Day
Anthony
How unusual, governments coloring the facts...

Top Bottom