Delete Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, it's a good thing you weren't around here ten years ago :)

I have yet to visit a forum site just about anywhere that was friendlier than this group. Have you ever been to a political forum? Sports? Finance?

Of course, there are forums out there that are maniacally moderated so the only responses allowed are "I love it!" or "I agree completely!". If that is what you are looking for... why even go to a forum in the first place? Just buy a parrot!

If you struggle with some of the personalities on this site, it is quite a simple thing to put them on ignore. You will find that with over 15,000 members, you might need to ignore 10 for the more heated discussions to fade into the background. But personally, I enjoy them (at least to a point). And if you have the chance, meet some of these people in person. I find that as soon as I meet someone over a drink, I am much more tolerant of them being a jerk to me online :) And every now and then just look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself to lighten up :) This is, after all, just bonsai.

Have lunch with the boss...that's what I did!

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1728 (1).jpg

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.
I had no idea that a 100 out of 55 could read that???

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I have grown to extremely dislike this site. People are so rude and hateful. It’s an unhealthy place to say the least.
I think of a number of places on the web that are what you describe. This place is def not one of them. Quite vanilla in fact. But very dark chocolate when it comes to solid bonsai info.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yes I have grown to extremely dislike this site. People are so rude and hateful. It’s an unhealthy place to say the least.
Have you not read any of the threads that experienced, knowledgeable people answer the most mundane, basic questions with patience and grace, although I'm sure it drives them crazy? Is there criticism, yes, but if you ask for opinions on your tree or work, wouldn't you rather have constructive criticism to better yourself or your tree? Sure, there's a scuffle here and there, I find most of them entertaining. Any gathering of diverse personalities is liable to result in a little disagreement here and there, just like in any family. I personally like the lack of moderation, so people can be honest and just be themselves, whoever they may be.

Emanon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I think people are reading way too much into the OP's request. He or she never identified a reason for the request to delete his or her account. There could any number of reasons why he or she would want this done that do not in any way involve the content of postings appearing on this site. It could be as simple as something like he or she was grounded by his mom and a condition of his punishment was that he or she delete profiles on Web sites that he or she particularly enjoys. Or, he or she feels that his or her hobby has turned in an unhealthy addiction (for example, if he or she has been diagnosed with OCD and now finds that the act of pruning triggers compulsions he or she is no longer able to control). Deleting his or her account may be part of his or her therapy.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well, it's a good thing you weren't around here ten years ago :)

I have yet to visit a forum site just about anywhere that was friendlier than this group. Have you ever been to a political forum? Sports? Finance?

Of course, there are forums out there that are maniacally moderated so the only responses allowed are "I love it!" or "I agree completely!". If that is what you are looking for... why even go to a forum in the first place? Just buy a parrot!

If you struggle with some of the personalities on this site, it is quite a simple thing to put them on ignore. You will find that with over 15,000 members, you might need to ignore 10 for the more heated discussions to fade into the background. But personally, I enjoy them (at least to a point). And if you have the chance, meet some of these people in person. I find that as soon as I meet someone over a drink, I am much more tolerant of them being a jerk to me online :) And every now and then just look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself to lighten up :) This is, after all, just bonsai.
Check out the Firewood Hoarding Club. I haven’t witnessed a single rude exchange on the forum in the four months that I’ve been haunting the place. And check out this sweet wood I’ve been hoarding:

Attachments

• 62254A46-B52C-4DE6-8F23-438797E6728F.jpeg
    62254A46-B52C-4DE6-8F23-438797E6728F.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 34
  • 1F6C89C3-B310-4E30-8E88-30833751F3DD.jpeg
    1F6C89C3-B310-4E30-8E88-30833751F3DD.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 82EE4579-5140-4C56-A1F4-E2100BD4AB8D.jpeg
    82EE4579-5140-4C56-A1F4-E2100BD4AB8D.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 32
  • CB8AB506-8B13-4417-B218-98B4573FDB79.jpeg
    CB8AB506-8B13-4417-B218-98B4573FDB79.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 31

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Check out the Firewood Hoarding Club. I haven’t witnessed a single rude exchange on the forum in the four months that I’ve been haunting the place. And check out this sweet wood I’ve been hoarding:

I have no idea what you're talking about... and yet... I find it strangely attractive :)

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've totally done that!

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That is too flurking funny!!! Do you get tips from each other on where to find firewood? Or is everyone so much of a hoarder they won’t give up their secret stash?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have to laugh when people say this site is "abusive" and "rude." It's cranky, yeah, but it's nowhere near the spite, vicious exchanges and other crap that goes on in many specialized groups. I was banned from a bull terrier site for suggesting that maaaaaybe the "raw diet" miiiiiiight not be the best thing for dogs. You'd have thought I took a dump in someone's living room and missed the pee pad...Got called names, my family lineage seemed to be a particular target ;-) and was finally bumped with no notice. I was dead to them.

Have had similar experiences commenting on local newspaper sites--which are AWFUL...And don't get me started on why I no longer play video games. Once they went online, 11-15 year old kids ruled and gaming started to suck.

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Your car is begging you to stick to bonsai.... listen to your car @MrFancyPlants ... please... for the sake of its’ suspension! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom