Different take on stand - modern wood and glass

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the concept but would probably reverse it for me. I might build four classical legs with slots supporting a glass top?

Inspired by your suggestion.....I think I like this better than the first design.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (63).jpg
    FullSizeRender (63).jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 28
  • FullSizeRender (66).jpg
    FullSizeRender (66).jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FullSizeRender (64).jpg
    FullSizeRender (64).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 28

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think your getting there. I too like this better. I still think the leg portion need some refining. Still a little bulky for me. Some router work, less square stock and the groove closer to the top of the block would improve this feel. Currently there is a push for Mid Century Modern in the furniture world, maybe this will fit there somewhere.

006_CliffordTable_V3_00000v3_685x487__89935.1395834092.1280.1280.jpg Deco_Timber_KO_Mid_Century_Modern_Dining_Table_Walnut_Legs_Glass_Top_01_jmwc.jpg mid-century-coffee-table.jpg midcentury-coffee-tables.jpg mid-century-modern-glass-coffee-table.jpg mid-century-modern-glass-mahogany-console-table-tables.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vin

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks great. I prefer the second one as well with the wood providing the contact to the ground. The glass legs on the first one didn't work as well for me.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think your getting there. I too like this better. I still think the leg portion need some refining. Still a little bulky for me. Some router work, less square stock and the groove closer to the top of the block would improve this feel.

Thanks for the suggestions, and the examples. I used a scrap block of walnut for this one, but I will explore some different dimensions for the wood. I was going for the sharp lines here - plays to my limited skills with woodworking tools. I'd love to see what you do with the concept if you decide to give it a go.

Top Bottom