Displaying dead bonsai

Reaction score
It’s a great idea and can be done to good effect, given the right thought and time.

Here’s an Eastern Cedar that had given up the ghost. I strip sanded, the team lime sulfured…. and the Curator mounted, using its own pot that had accidentally broken during a winter storm. This tree was the opening display for the World War II Bonsai exhibit at Pacific Bonsai Museum last year.

View attachment 420944

So go for it!

cheers
DSD sends
That is really phenomenal.

DHass

Sapling
Reaction score
Got couple dead trees with sentimental value so decided not to throw away. I'm having them gaz treated to kill any pests in them then sprayed with sealer to preserve wood. Considering placing in a nice pot and displaying inside home.
Would you have them in normal soil or is it possible to just pour epoxy or maybe cement to stabilize them in pot ?
Any one did anything similar? Any ideas ?
Thanks

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
It’s a great idea and can be done to good effect, given the right thought and time.

Here’s an Eastern Cedar that had given up the ghost. I strip sanded, the team lime sulfured…. and the Curator mounted, using its own pot that had accidentally broken during a winter storm. This tree was the opening display for the World War II Bonsai exhibit at Pacific Bonsai Museum last year.

View attachment 420944

So go for it!

cheers
DSD sends
Thats an amazing display thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom