Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milo yilonoloposoposposos is a an asshole conservative. But he doesnt squash free speech and he doesn't incite riots. When a bunch of liberal college students and paid thugs rioted and destroyed property in an effort to squash his right to free speech and the right for people to hear it.... You think this is wise? Or do you think it further divided and added fuel to a an already bad situation. Do you think it lended legitimacy to their view points or to milos.?

Oh no!... this is a really great example, but it only applies to the "real world, where you are facing people" (the internet is quite different in that each party can post their opinion, whether the other person likes it or not... they can't be shouted down) I can say that I don't much like Milo, but he has some interesting thoughts... this goes back to what I was saying before when I spoke of the righteous indignation... these people often don't anticipate or bother to think about the implications of their actions before they speak. The biggest impact that the crowd(s) have had on Milo, is that they've made what would otherwise be a no-body or a passing curiosity, into a household name... what more could Milo hope for!

It didn't lend legitimacy to either side... it only provided Milo with publicity that he otherwise would not have gotten.

Last edited:
SK guy let me give you a brief description of my thoughts & experiences...

I am essentially a Free Thinker and Political Independent, always have been....

I post here as a RWC because it gives me Great Pleasure to Push the Buttons of all the various LWL's that are locked up in their Ideology's and Closed Thinking unable to think for themselves or Out of the Box Free Thought...they just mimic the current Trend of being Anti Trump and all things Liberal...

I consider this all Great Fun and am pleased that you are another Free Thinker and not afraid to Think Out of the Box & express your opinion... Bravo and Applause.

Don't worry, your lack if intellectual input hasn't gone un-noticed on this thread...

Milo yilonoloposoposposos is a an asshole conservative. But he doesnt squash free speech and he doesn't incite riots. When a bunch of liberal college students and paid thugs rioted and destroyed property in an effort to squash his right to free speech and the right for people to hear it.... You think this is wise? Or do you think it further divided and added fuel to a an already bad situation. Do you think it lended legitimacy to their view points or to milos.?

We're really struggling with first world problems when we have to have safe spaces and therapy for students who are traumatized because they might have heard a speech that they didn't agree with (even without hearing him first hand)... for these students to intellectually and willingly lag behind the open-minded masses, just allows the others to excel while they wallow in their own swill... it's a self-defeating cause on their part and they were probably doomed to fail anyway... do you think they are a great loss, or that they will have a great effect on society when the dust settles?

Oh no!... this is a really great example, but it only applies to the "real world, where you are facing people" (the internet is quite different in that each party can post their opinion, whether the other person likes it or not... they can't be shouted down) I can say that I don't much like Milo, but he has some interesting thoughts... this goes back to what I was saying before when I spoke of the righteous indignation... these people often don't anticipate or bother to think about the implications of their actions before they speak. The biggest impact that the crowd(s) have had on Milo, is that they've made what would otherwise be a no-body or a passing curiosity, into a household name... what more could Milo hope for!

It didn't lend legitimacy to either side... it only provided Milo with publicity that he otherwise would not have gotten.

Idk sounds like that kind of sounds like just being a troll to me. And if thats the case why bother? If you really want to sway someone to your viewpoint.... Reason trumps aggression - your not going to get anywhere taking an aggressive polar opposite viewpoint JUST to outyell or outshout a viewpoint you disagree with.

Idk sounds like that kind of sounds like just being a troll to me. And if thats the case why bother? If you really want to sway someone to your viewpoint.... Reason trumps aggression - your not going to get anywhere taking an aggressive polar opposite viewpoint JUST to outyell or outshout a viewpoint you disagree with.

Well, following the conversation/debate that we are having (as well as the metre or tone of it), I guess we can agree to disagree?

Knowingly or not, you've made my point for me. :)

Well, following the conversation/debate that we are having (as well as the metre or tone of it), I guess we can agree to disagree?

Knowingly or not, you've made my point for me. :)
Admittedly im distracted with a little thing called work but i dknt see how i made a point for you. We can aggree to disagree but i dont see evidence that support taking a strong opposing view in an aggressive tone sways anyone to your side. Or anything to suggest that logic and reason is less affective than rioting and crying in the streets holdkng a picket sign? Can u elaborate on that

BTW, watchndsky, did you see the last entry I made in this thread?

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/any-deep-space-geeks-out-there.26148/page-2
Yes. But as we all know black holes is a racist term. Interstellar objects sucking up all the white mans space..... Automatically gotta be a "black" hole. Im sending a letter to soros pelosi and schumet to see if we cam get some violent protests going. Cause love trumps hate

Black holes are fascinating but im afraid they may just be one of the many tools of the debil

Yes. But as we all know black holes is a racist term. Interstellar objects sucking up all the white mans space..... Automatically gotta be a "black" hole. Im sending a letter to soros pelosi and schumet to see if we cam get some violent protests going. Cause love trumps hate

Black holes are fascinating but im afraid they may just be one of the many tools of the debil

641418.png

Admittedly im distracted with a little thing called work but i dknt see how i made a point for you. We can aggree to disagree but i dont see evidence that support taking a strong opposing view in an aggressive tone sways anyone to your side. Or anything to suggest that logic and reason is less affective than rioting and crying in the streets holdkng a picket sign? Can u elaborate on that

Between you and I we are having a normal debate about a topic that we don't agree on... we have agreed to disagree, and now I suspect that we'll both be "moving' on". You weren't traumatized and didn't need a safe space and therapy... but you also aren't made of the same fabric that perceives politeness as a weakness. And, just like Milo, my "brand" wouldn't have any distinction what so ever if everyone failed to engage me. No one can moderate a post to appeal to every person who reads it... if someone internalizes a post that wasn't directed at them, it's not the person to wrote the post who is responsible for how you perceive it... the great equalizer in these types of forums is that "ignore button", just like Milo again, you can choose to listen if you want to, or you can stoke that little button and move on. Personally, I don't care which avenue anyone takes.

Reason trumps aggression - your not going to get anywhere taking an aggressive polar opposite viewpoint JUST to outyell or outshout a viewpoint you disagree with.

That's what Milo says, but the aggression and trolling by his angry opponents keeps getting him whisked away, usually, ostensibly, for "safety reasons."

That's what Milo says, but the aggression and trolling by his angry opponents keeps getting him whisked away, usually, ostensibly, for "safety reasons."

For him, it is just delayed gratification, and it will be for far more listeners that he originally would have had... no one wants to watch a mechanic take a car apart one piece at a time... but tell a crowd that there is going to be a tremendous wreck and people will stand around for hours waiting for a chance to see it happen.

Between you and I we are having a normal debate about a topic that we don't agree on... we have agreed to disagree, and now I suspect that we'll both be "moving' on". You weren't traumatized and didn't need a safe space and therapy... but you also aren't made of the same fabric that perceives politeness as a weakness. And, just like Milo, my "brand" wouldn't have any distinction what so ever if everyone failed to engage me. No one can moderate a post to appeal to every person who reads it... if someone internalizes a post that wasn't directed at them, it's not the person to wrote the post who is responsible for how you perceive it... the great equalizer in these types of forums is that "ignore button", just like Milo again, you can choose to listen if you want to, or you can stoke that little button and move on. Personally, I don't care which avenue anyone takes.
How can you call anything a normal debate when you seem to think that a normal debate has to be peppered with things like ignorant and stupid? You, SkBG seem to think this is the thing to do. You call anyone you disagree with stupid or any number of alternates. Do you even have a bonsai?

It's typical of your type to roll into the "poor me role" ain't it Vance. You have no problem calling people Left wing zealots or right wing whatever, but when your mode of bullying backfires on you, you can't seem to take it. Truth be known, if there wasn't a degree of people who felt they needed your assistance with their trees in the future, they'd tell you the same thing I'm telling you. Your type would never go on a mensa web site and spew your rap, because you know someone would hand your ass back to you in a heartbeat. You're a bully, plain and simple and you rely on peoples sensibility, passiveness, and sense of fair play not to tell it the way it is. "I" personally, don't care who you are, what you think, what skill set you MIGHT have, how much money you have, or what role you play in your community... I still think you're stupid and ignorant.

BTW, when I publish my book, you can look at my bonsai all you want... I'll even autograph the very first copy just for YOU... for an extra hundred bucks, hows that? (provided you're still alive in about 15 years); till then, you'll have to do without.

Admit it Vance, what bothers you the most is that I don't see you in the same light that you perceive yourself... and I on the other hand couldn't care less how you perceive me.

I know you don't see me in the same light that you do, I would be surprised if you did. It is interesting that since this began you have seen it necessary to scare up some names that have disappeared from this forum years ago. Let's agree that this is a fact and abandon this entire shit-house-wall display and go our own way. As for me not only do I not see things your way I think you are a fraud.

As a side note, the pictures above reminded me of something I noticed a couple of weeks ago.
As far as I understand it, Islamic women wear/are made to wear the hijab to basically counter potential attraction to men other than their husbands right? They are to appear as modest and uninviting to the opposite sex as possible.
So why then do I see during certain protests by the Islamic community, placards of the most beautiful looking women with full luscious lips smeared with bright red lipstick and eye make up caked on used to prove some point? Are you trying to attract or repel?
Whatever happened to credibility? Talk about self contradictory bullshit. Truth is, it just further proves that anyone using religion to push an idea should be ignored because they are all misguided fools. The whole lot of them. How dare they ask for respect when this kind of crap is placed under your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom