Don't forget to whitelist Bonsainut.com in your ad blockers!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For those of you using ad blockers as you surf the Internet, it would be greatly appreciated if you create an exception for www.bonsainut.com :) For whatever reason, our site traffic is increasing while our ad revenue is decreasing. I am trying to get to the bottom of it, but I thought I would at least ask if people agree to see ads while they are on the site.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
For what it is worth I'm not seeing any ads on my laptop at all, I'd have to check my phone and home PC later but I definitely don't use a blocker on any of them.

The laptop is running Ubuntu if that helps.

edit: I see ads on the home page but not of the forum pages.

edit2: The ads are hiding at the bottom of the forum page, no banner up the top like I used to see. Android phone does have ads.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hope you are not turning bnut to fakebook.

syon_r

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I turned my add blocker off, but I'm not seeing any ads. Does this mean my add blocker is still working even if I turned it off?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Ad (in Portuguese) from up:

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 17.31.49.jpg

And ad from below messages:

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 17.32.07.jpg

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Strange. I have an ad up at the top of each page and at the bottom. On the forum listing page there is only an ad at the bottom. On the home page there is a vertical on the left column and an ad at the bottom.

I try to make the ads as unobtrusive as possible. Last year we were getting good ads and advertisers were paying decent money to advertise on the site. This year our traffic continue to grow... but our ad fill rate has fallen off dramatically.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Every once and awhile I connect with appropriate ads. Their appearance does not bother me even if something is not right....makes me try to figure out the connection...how I became a target for something. The intrigue. The mystery. Secrets of the universe revealed. And then I move on.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have my blockers turned off for this site and have all along. I see ads top and bottom.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Still playing with ads. Trying to balance the number of ad locations and the number of quality ads served to the site.

(1) Reduced the number of ad impressions by 25% - so that we will only see higher-priced ads... and not see the low-priced ads (less targeted / arguably lower quality for this site's audience).
(2) If you are not a registered member of the site, you will see an ad with every post. If you want to get rid of those ads, simply register with the site and you won't see them any more.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I might have missed it somewhere else, but I'm stuck with these questions that might as well be answered here:
Does BN actively check ads for malicious content? And if not, does their ad provider do that for BN? Are there any guarantees in place?

I just want to make sure that we're on the same level; you can serve me any ad you want, keep the change! As long as it's not trying to put me or my computer in a bad spot. If there's no guarantee, then there's no disabling my adblocker.
In my opinion, forums are a two way street, a give and take: users generate content that draws in other users and generate revenue through ads, but at the same time I believe forums should try their best to protect their users from malicious content (malware, cryptoware, mining scripts, etc.).
If everything is well and accounted for, I have no problems with disabling my ad blocker.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Since the ads are targeted to a certain extent, it's not annoying and I try to click on one or more with each visit as I know it helps revenue.

Top Bottom