DRAFT - Rules & Guidelines For First Annual Box Store Challenge – Fall Edition

Skinnygoomba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Putting in my vote for a larger size next season, apparently 1 gal junipers are not popular in my area.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'd be willing to work on this as long as it's by invitation. Don't want to muscle in on anything. I've been meaning to follow this forum more so this will be a good start. Please let me know what I need to do and when.

Thanks

Owen, I sent you a Private Message. Just want to make sure you got it?

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I really don't know how to classify myself for this challenge.

I sort of did bonsai a long time ago, in college, without instruction, quite cluelessly, and killed all my trees and quit.

I went to a club meeting just over two years ago and got interested again. Started acquiring trees a bit less than two years ago, and starting getting instruction a few months after that. I still consider myself a <two years beginner, but don't want to be accused of breaking the rules.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I really don't know how to classify myself for this challenge.

I sort of did bonsai a long time ago, in college, without instruction, quite cluelessly, and killed all my trees and quit.

I went to a club meeting just over two years ago and got interested again. Started acquiring trees a bit less than two years ago, and starting getting instruction a few months after that. I still consider myself a <two years beginner, but don't want to be accused of breaking the rules.

You should enter the Beginner Category but hurry, you only have until midnight tonight to submit you entry. Looking forward to seeing your work. Please ask questions if needed.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
When might the deadline for judging be? Looking at my material, I plan to leave some growth to grow freely so that the branches could thicken or some back buds to fill in.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
When might the deadline for judging be? Looking at my material, I plan to leave some growth to grow freely so that the branches could thicken or some back buds to fill in.

The deadline to submit your entry is today and the deadline to submit your finished work is this Saturday by midnight. If you're asking about how long the judging will take then I have no control over that and I'm certainly not going to give a Master a deadline. No way, not me...

Hope that helps?

Top Bottom