Eisei-en Open House (29-30 October 2022)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
*Catfish pond (Tennessee and whiskey barrels, necessitate catfish, I think)

And a mame section with some pots from a certain someone?
He told me there's too much limestone under to dig out for a pond. I brought up some mame pots for him to critique. He liked them a lot but told me they're too small for him to use.

woodkraftbonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Love seeing all the trees in development still! Thanks for the photos! Would love to have gone, but it's a long 2000 miles away haha.
I think if I was to ever go back again, I may fly there as much as I hate flying. 700 mile drive for me.....it was a long drive!

D

Deleted member 32750

Thats my tree right there. Some on here may remember it as the PBM tree that UPS roughed up in shipping. I took it to Bjorns place in may and its looking great.

Thanks for sharing all these incredible photos. I hate that I wasn’t able to make it to the event. Seems like it was a great time.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thats my tree right there. Some on here may remember it as the PBM tree that UPS roughed up in shipping. I took it to Bjorns place in may and its looking great.

Thanks for sharing all these incredible photos. I hate that I wasn’t able to make it to the event. Seems like it was a great time.
Yes, I met quite a few people there that I've only dealt with online. I also met a couple of Bnutters there as well. Bjorn and Raffa are really nice guys, it was pretty cool to finally meet them in person.

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes, I met quite a few people there that I've only dealt with online. I also met a couple of Bnutters there as well. Bjorn and Raffa are really nice guys, it was pretty cool to finally meet them in person.
I hate I missed you. I was there on Sunday only, wearing a blue flannel and a black backpack at one point because I took Uber from the airport. I asked one person if they knew who you were but they didn't. Are you coming to the Winter Silhouette in Kannapolis, NC?
More photos below of some of my favorites not shown so far
20221030_103613_compress93.jpg
20221030_122410_compress82.jpg20221030_103638_compress16.jpg

Attachments

• 20221030_103649_compress49.jpg
    20221030_103649_compress49.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 7

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I hate I missed you. I was there on Sunday only, wearing a blue flannel and a black backpack at one point because I took Uber from the airport. I asked one person if they knew who you were but they didn't. Are you coming to the Winter Silhouette in Kannapolis, NC?
More photos below of some of my favorites not shown so far
View attachment 461457
View attachment 461459View attachment 461460
I was there both days. If you was there during the demo on Sunday I asked Bjorn what style tree he would consider the one seed juniper they were working on as it had the three trunks coming off the one trunk. I had a dark blue hoodie on and was wearing my eyeglasses.

Yes, I'll be vending at the Winter Silhouette show. You'll get to meet @penumbra and me as we'll be vending there hopefully with adjoining tables.

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was there both days. If you was there during the demo on Sunday I asked Bjorn what style tree he would consider the one seed juniper they were working on as it had the three trunks coming off the one trunk. I had a dark blue hoodie on and was wearing my eyeglasses.

Yes, I'll be vending at the Winter Silhouette show. You'll get to meet @penumbra and me as we'll be vending there hopefully with adjoining tables.
Hey! I remember you guys. My wife and I were there Sunday. I remember being terrified you were gonna take a picture of me during the workshop with my tree, (long story) lol. Gsteil, I sat by you at the demo and we talked about Chojubai for a minute.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey! I remember you guys. My wife and I were there Sunday. I remember being terrified you were gonna take a picture of me during the workshop with my tree, (long story) lol. Gsteil, I sat by you at the demo and we talked about Chojubai for a minute.
I got there late on Sunday, I arrived midway through the demo. On Saturday during the workshop I was showing Bjorn my pots. I bought 2 chojubai on Sunday towards the end of the day but don't remember talking to anyone about them. I do remember a guy sitting in the back row that had a chojubai under his seat.

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got there late on Sunday, I arrived midway through the demo. On Saturday during the workshop I was showing Bjorn my pots. I bought 2 chojubai on Sunday towards the end of the day but don't remember talking to anyone about them. I do remember a guy sitting in the back row that had a chojubai under his seat.
Lol that was me. I believe I spoke to Gsteil about them after the demo. Also, snake lol.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, the closest I'll ever get to seeing them in person.

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wanted to go, but maybe next year. That place looks amazing!
I 1000% recommend going whenever you get the chance. My wife and I booked a visit in July and it was just us and Bjorn and it was amazing. He is genuinely the nicest dude. We looked around while he worked on things in his shop and then just talked with us. We talked a bit about bonsai and the garden to the point I was afraid of sounding like Chris Farley when he'd do those old interview skits. Then we just talked about music and whatever else. But what was most impressive was he recognized both of us this Sunday and remembered details of what we had talked about back in July. All while he was bouncing around all over prepping to start the days events. Plus he's got some pretty nice trees to check out too, lol.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I 1000% recommend going whenever you get the chance. My wife and I booked a visit in July and it was just us and Bjorn and it was amazing. He is genuinely the nicest dude. We looked around while he worked on things in his shop and then just talked with us. We talked a bit about bonsai and the garden to the point I was afraid of sounding like Chris Farley when he'd do those old interview skits. Then we just talked about music and whatever else. But what was most impressive was he recognized both of us this Sunday and remembered details of what we had talked about back in July. All while he was bouncing around all over prepping to start the days events. Plus he's got some pretty nice trees to check out too, lol.
Yeah, he really is a nice guy for sure. After years of watching his YouTube videos it was really cool to meet him in person.

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Ditto to this! My wife and I flew in and visited a few hours back in 2021 - Bjorn was super cool and spent time with us, explaining some of the backstory behind trees we questioned him on, which species would do well or not well in our area etc. Even gave some styling advice on one of my trees!

So many amazing plants to see. Great atmosphere. Of all things we ended up buying a Shigaraki vase from Bjorn that he hand carried from Japan - will be a souvenir from an awesome Eisei-En visit that we'll keep forever. Definitely recommend visiting!!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you☺️. Many great Yamadori there. Who was bearded demonstrator🤔?

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A while back made suggestion to one developing Juniper to make loop(s)in developing structure in tree. Someone being much self important practically swore this was very unnatural kind of growth practically nonexisgent in effort to shout down/discredit such stupid idea. Current photo essay shows several Yamadori trees having such loops grown in trunks as not so unnatural but in fact quite desirable to appreciative observers😌. God is the Master grower and creates things men afraid to do.

Top Bottom