Exposed root Japanese Maple...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Was it windy when you did the work? 66 seems low to get burnt. Just me thinking.
From being in a building with no subject rays...I would imagine any for a length of time would be more than it could take. The leaves were fine when it came out...and tips dark when I was working it. Not overly windy. Thus it had to he from full exposure of sun. It was not an overcast day.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I peeped you on Giga's exposed root thread....
Reminded me I wanted an update on this a couple days ago!

So...when that carload of dogs gets back to the lake....

Hope you don't see this till then and have a good vaca!

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Not to extremely well. The nursery who offered hormone treatments to my landscape tree...diagnosed this tree with V.Wilt upon steady decline of health.

I am a bit gun shy on maples now.

This tree purchased in the middle of the nursery changing hands. The new owner Ashley and I handled it. They are quite reputable and I would purchase a tree there again...this tree came from a private collection. Though he feels the disease didn't come from them. He asked me not to send it back...so since not seeing the tree is not 100% sure of what its decline was of. However... Honored my concerns and that is how I ended up with the chinese quince. One species I had wanted for a few years.

But,my husband took the news better than I. Giving me a pep talk. Saying the hubbub over this tree had my eyes shinning bright. And for a brief time...that was a high. To grasp things die...be it living or even tools he's paid money for. The joy of the hobby can't be snuffed out over a hiccup along the way.

So that said...who knows where the disease came from. The local nursery had a theory. But no facts to say if correct or not. Sucks to lose such amazing material...but life goes on.

I sure love the movement in that quince...and everyone here has talked me into keeping the front with the movement I loved so well. Which upon arrival I felt was the back.

Top Bottom