Fall 2016 Contest....Who's in?

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So how many hold outs do we have waiting till the last minute? I know some crafty old foxes will show up with some good trees making mine look like the Stick in Pot.
Who else is entering and still tweaking. I could have worked a bit more but... needed to get it off my to do list.
Lots of great entries so far. I'll be voting from the Florida Keys hoping my trees are alive when I go back north.
I am trying to find a few minutes to get mine ready. I would really like to play, but I have tore down my fireplace, moved my entryway, moving the salon to the basement and making it the babies room... All while running a fabrication company and trying to take care of WAY many trees! I need a knapp!

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b

jordystokes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I definitely will. Although I am a little worried about winter care for the pieris. I live in Tennessee so the weather doesn't get terribly cold but me being not to familiar with it makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with hardiness for this species?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I definitely will. Although I am a little worried about winter care for the pieris. I live in Tennessee so the weather doesn't get terribly cold but me being not to familiar with it makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with hardiness for this species?
I am up here in zone 4, it is supposed to be hardy to zone 5. I think as long as it not being subjected to extreme colds, it should be fine. @ghues I read some old posts from your friend Mr. Mtn Hemlock, he was saying Pieris is a very popular landscape tree out west. If you have any knowledge of these, it would be a great help!

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am up here in zone 4, it is supposed to be hardy to zone 5. I think as long as it not being subjected to extreme colds, it should be fine. @ghues I read some old posts from your friend Mr. Mtn Hemlock, he was saying Pieris is a very popular landscape tree out west. If you have any knowledge of these, it would be a great help!
They are popular in garden landscapes but I haven't seen any as Bonsai?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Top Bottom