Fans of Bushuan?

Bons_Eye_

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a collector of the works of Shigeru Fukuda (Bushuan). I was wondering if there are any others who enjoy his bonsai pots and if so I would love to see pictures! I'm also curious to hear people's opinions of his work. I appreciate all honesty and serious critiques or praise. I'll add a few of my own in case there are some fans out there. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0724 (1).JPG
    IMG_0724 (1).JPG
    213 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9416.JPG
    IMG_9416.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 42
  • CCOE5140.JPG
    CCOE5140.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9632.JPG
    IMG_9632.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 39

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm a fan, but have not found the one that is right for me. I know it's out there! But they are a bit on the high side to say the least, so for now just drooling. This one is something wonderful Martin!

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'm a fan, but have not found the one that is right for me. I know it's out there! But they are a bit on the high side to say the least, so for now just drooling. This one is something wonderful Martin!
View attachment 257727
You'll find that right one, Judy! I'm enjoying looking at your shohin. It's so fun to play with color combinations and great little trees or companion arrangements!

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I hate you guys.
I never heard of, or wanted one of these before.
Now it’s almost like I NEED one, and maybe another one for that little bougie...
I unfollowed a few pages related to bonsai pots after my last purchase. Will follow again next year 😆

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You'll find that right one, Judy! I'm enjoying looking at your shohin. It's so fun to play with color combinations and great little trees or companion arrangements!
I've actually been eyeing a few, they are all fairly small and round kettle sort of shapes. One is a yellow crackle, one is a cream textured crackle and one is a white with some red brushes. The only thing holding me back is that it's not a typical glaze from this maker, and although more useable than most of his glazes, will it be recognizable as one of his? Hmmm.

-norwegian_blue-

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I unfollowed a few pages related to bonsai pots after my last purchase. Will follow again next year 😆

It's a slippery slope. You go from "you paid how much for what?" to ... "wow...pots are awesome" to ..."yeah, $1000 is totally justifiable...it's art!" pretty quickly. o_O We have a "support group" on FB...it doesn't help the cause though!

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have some relief.
Since I believe that these might be real pots, and I have recently been informed that my plants are not real bonsai, I no longer need a bushuan (or any other real pot) to hold any of them.
Holding on to this belief could save me some time and money.
That is a beautiful pot.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please don't hate me but I really don't like them. I am sure there are some I would but I don't like what I have seen for the most part. I do kinda like the wide blue one and I like the one with the apple very much. The ones with all the mixed up colors I do not like. I am a potter, though I have not done much the last couple of years, and I am sure that when I have some more pots for sale there will be some that hate them as well. I prefer unglazed pots or those with oxide washes or partial glazes, mostly satin or mat.
Different strokes, so they say.

Top Bottom