Feedback on my first video

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
p

Does the spike surround your "Live" premier?
Na, every bar is an hour. So the video goes live, dips overnight. Explodes during the day and then it just drops dead and sits there. Really strange. Must be a stratistics thing, but I have seen this on 5, 6 videos where you think they will take off, and then just.. Splatch. Dead.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I'd like to present a parallel between two 'Youtubers'...

Now, truth be told, I'm a sucker for spooky/mystery/conspiracy content.. and I enjoy BOTH these Uploader's content..

But.. In the "Deep End" Mysterious and 'Spooky' content arena.. there is a CLEAR "favorite" for me.... and I'd like to discuss WHY. (You were asking about Youtube stuff.. and I actually am somewhat knowledgeable.)

One is a channel entitled "Nexpo" short for "Nightmare Expo".... This guy has GREAT content. ADEQUATE knowledge of subject matter.. but non-observed PASSION of subject matter (While passion MAY be there.. the personality and voice-overs seem slightly "forced".. if not even a little derivative of NPR late night broadcast "radio voice".. it is hard to FEEL he actually CARES about making this content). This casts a much smaller "I like that guy" net.

His "Attention to the presentation of 'finished product' is ALL OVER THE PLACE, though.. SOME videos (regardless of timeline) showing almost EXPERT production and editing quality, and SUPERB attention to detail. While others seem hap-hazardly slapped together... forced... or even OVER-inclusive... it makes his videos quite INCONSISTENT. I am still a big fan of his content, though.

The parallel is a Channel/Youtuber named "Nick Crowley".... the EXACT same TYPE of subject matter as previously discussed, with the same ADEQUATE knowledge of the material. However, Nick Crowleys PASSION for his work rings STRONG.. and he is open and honest with his viewers about HIMSELF (Much like I'm seeing from you).. Which sets out more relatable facets of his personality, and makes him "Likable" (Wide "I like that guy" net).

And his attention and drive to present his completed content is fantastic!... and I feel THIS is the most important SINGULAR (like if I HAD to pick just one) component to successful Youtube content.

(To most it probably seems like I am repeating phrases and definitions quite a but... but this is for YOU, Jelle.... If you're anything like me.. your brain has already made charts/graphs about the THREE important Youtube content criteria I've been discussing. I really like Data Gathering/Analysis.)

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
@leatherback tossing aside my blue maple joke, I’m loving your channel! I’m a software engineer and spend all day in front of a screen, and watch a lot of YouTube content. Your channel is right up there with my favourite bonsai channels. Keep it up, and please show us more of your foster cat!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
attention and drive to present his completed content
I am not completely sure what you mean here.
If it is
showing almost EXPERT production and editing quality, and SUPERB attention to detail.
this is where I am struggling. I actually know nothing about making videos and am walking in the dark :)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The one that came out today has an intro which will spark your humor bone I hope. Or else your mom might like it :)
Haha! She was curious about bonsai in general, so besides what I, personally, "clue her in on".. I sent her in your direction.

🤓

I will check the new one out at "media time".

Top Bottom