Feels like Christmas!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Now... I’ve been searching everywhere, going to all my local nurseries and calling ones farther away, all in the hopes of finding a stewartia. I keep getting the same response, that they’re too finicky for our weather here in Sacramento so they just don’t bring them in. Finally found a nursery in Oregon that would ship one. Unfortunately it was basically a stick in a pot, not much to work with at all, but hell, I didn’t care. I’d take anything at this point. Today was the day I was going to finalize the purchase, and also my weekly visit to maruyama’s.... and whaaaaa!? What is this?! I stumble upon one of his ready made bonsai and it’s a stewartia! Uzo goes, pfhh, have a bunch of them back there. All this freaking time!
Anyway, I totally geeked out and happily got elbow deep in dirt n mud to pick one out.
Now I’m assuming these back bud well, hoping at least, becuase one side of the trunk had a bunch of dead branches so now there’s a section devoid of anything.
Unless.... I chop the main trunk down to the first thick branch, then it wouldn’t matter....
Dunno yet, I’m just so freakin excited to get my hands on one! :p
Not the greatest pics.. sorry
0A040FDF-3307-4ED8-861A-32CCA312DB84.jpegBF21A4BF-C28E-44A2-BB5B-37F288BABC4C.jpeg889C2B15-7426-49B4-8EB8-B9AB17F63573.jpeg

I've been wanting one too, now that I live in a more stewartia friendly climate. Good luck with yours.

I miss Maruyama. They have good stuff.

I've been wanting one too, now that I live in a more stewartia friendly climate. Good luck with yours.

I miss Maruyama. They have good stuff.
Oh ya! Your definitely in stewartia friendly territory. Were you from the Sacramento area?

Back
Top Bottom