Attachments

• FicusCamo.jpg
    FicusCamo.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 193

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't think I ever posted a formal thread on this tree here - at least can't find it in a search - so let me just add on to this one.

Got it from Brussels' years ago. I wired it once about three years ago, but wife won't let me do anything more to it. Clip-and-grow styling, and tincture of time, has reduced the leaves from 3" down to an average of 1/2", which makes it more attractive and convincing as anything other than a house plant. It's a huge thing, and appealing to my wife, but these sorts of manufactured trees from Indonesia are a bit too predictable for my tastes. And by "manufactured" I mean that the branches were all grafted on using - I kid you not - CEMENT (of matching color) as cut paste, which was also used to cover the chop! Still, it is what it is.

It's low maintenance, at least. I defoliate it twice a year - when I put it out for the summer, as in this photo, and when I bring it back in for the winter to sit in our foyer. That way the leaves come out best adapted to the ambient light - for instance, not burning to a crisp going from mostly indirect indoor sun to the summer sun. In a few more decades, who knows, I may repot. :)

Enjoy.

Attachments

• BigFicus-12.jpg
    BigFicus-12.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 43
  • BigFicus2-12.jpg
    BigFicus2-12.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 32

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
that tree looks so much better without leaves....very nice...

Top Bottom