Ficus cuttings repotted today

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
these were from the top of grafted ficus I had for 10 years + Got 5 with very nice radial roots in like 3 weeks lol the others are in 4" pots. Leaves are big I seldom pruned the old tree. Was weird, these could be 10-15 year old as the branches didn't grow much on the ginseng

20210727_190239.jpg

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Gotta love ficus cuttings... Taken on 7/12; roots climbing out of the pots!
The only time I had my ficus roots climbing out of the pots was when I over water them, and often when growing indoors and left in a shallow tub of water when leaving the house for a few days.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The only time I had my ficus roots climbing out of the pots was when I over water them, and often when growing indoors and left in a shallow tub of water when leaving the house for a few days.

Not over watering, but they're under a humidity dome.

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I think most of the ficus varieties or cultivars of microcarpa and benjamina are either misnamed or dependent on what area of the world you're in or what nursery or grower you bought it from. For microcarpa there's green island, green mound, long island, panda, golden gate, kinmen, tiger bark, indian laurel or Chinese banyan and they all seem to be virtually interchangeable depending who you bought it from or who you asked for identification. For benjamina varieties there's too little, rianne, nana, natasha, wiandi, and more.

In my head I separate mine into the ones that don't get thrip (microcarpa varieties) and the ones that do (benjamina varieties).

So much misinformation available out there. About the only solid information I've ever found is that Retusa is not available in North America.

Top Bottom