Ficus Religiosa

There are many figs that can form a caudex like that in specific (abnormal) conditions...this is not palmerii also. Palmerii also has a long tip if I recall well.

Now you done it Neli !!! :rolleyes:

ed

There are many figs that can form a caudex like that in specific (abnormal) conditions...this is not palmerii also. Palmerii also has a long tip if I recall well.

Looks like Palmeri to me but I easily could be wrong, got any better ideas? It should be easier to tell when the leaves have fully matured.

Last edited:
Post it on FB and tag Jerry, but wait a bit longer for the leaves to mature.

So what did you find out about this Ginseng-like Ficus ? Any updates on the leaves now that they have matured a bit?

ed

It's not a ginseng ficus, I wouldn't have kept it if it was... I've seen the leaves on it and It's definitely F. Religiosa. If you don't believe me then you can wait till I post photos when the leaves are completely formed.

I was offended that they didn't believe my identification of the tree, that is all.

Upon a little more research, I think this may be Ficus Palmeri. It's a unique caudex forming ficus with leaves similar to that of F. Religiosa.

Moral of story...next time, don't get offended easily when someone think your tree is different from what you thought. Most here are out to help you...even if it doesn't seem like it. :)

Moral of story...next time, don't get offended easily when someone think your tree is different from what you thought. Most here are out to help you...even if it doesn't seem like it. :)

Definitely, sometimes stuff just doesn't go over as you planned through text. Shit, that might not have even gone over as I intended.

Here's a leaf update on this odd thing. The tree hangs out by some of my succulents, I think It fits in better there.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom