First styling of last years procumbens

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is a procumbens that I picked up last year at home depot. I repotted into some better soil last year and let it grow all of last year and this year with minor clean ups. I gave it my first attempt at a styling last night. I went in with no plan and let the tree do most of the work in telling me what it wanted to look like. I'm going to let the pads fill out and see what happens. Let me know what you think.
IMG_4612.JPGIMG_4613.JPGIMG_4614.JPGIMG_4615.JPG

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I would consider potting at an angle and styling as a semi cascade. The trunk just seems too straight to me.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I would consider potting at an angle and styling as a semi cascade. The trunk just seems too straight to me.
Your wiring looks good. I agree with Nemoose that your planting angle has the trunk too straight with this view.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will change the planting angle on the next repot. I just repotted it last year. I figured one insult a year to keep it healthy. It is still a youngling and the trunk isn't very thick either. I will be repotting in the spring or summer.

Mame-Mo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I would consider doing it in a sort of literati/windswept style. But that's just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_4615_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_4615_LI.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom