Flowers 2020

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
A few from the garden today, the azaleas are really putting on a show. All of them are bonsai in the making.

The flying dragon is starting to leaf:

DSC02811-1.jpg

A satsuki named Myuki, I got it as a cutting in trade with @Eric Group several years ago. It is making red flowers now, too, but I accidentally deleted the photo.

DSC02814-1.jpg

An azalea named Congo:

DSC02815-1.jpg

Azalea called Fuscia:

DSC02817-1.jpg

Azalea, Amy Lee:

DSC02821-1.jpgDSC02823-1.jpg

Azalea, Stewardstonian:

DSC02826-1.jpgDSC02828-1.jpg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Some More:

Satsuki chojuho:

DSC02832-1.jpg

I don't remember this one's name:

DSC02834-1.jpg

This was purchased as Astronaut, but I think it is actually a satsuki. The flowers are quite large:

DSC02836-1.jpgDSC02836-1.jpg

DSC02838-1.jpg

Last a key lime, because everyone knows that key limes make the best margaritas.

DSC02841-1.jpg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
A year or three ago, where does the time go now days, @Carol 83 surprised me with a package containing a couple of petite azaleas. One of them did not make it, it had spilled out of the pot in delivery and the roots dried out too much. The other one has been growing well, and today I got to see it bloom, it has the smallest flower that I have ever seen on an azalea. It is a very slow grower, but is probably the coolest azalea that I have.

DSC02923-1.jpgDSC02924-1.jpgDSC02925-1.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
A year or three ago, where does the time go now days, @Carol 83 surprised me with a package containing a couple of petite azaleas. One of them did not make it, it had spilled out of the pot in delivery and the roots dried out too much. The other one has been growing well, and today I got to see it bloom, it has the smallest flower that I have ever seen on an azalea. It is a very slow grower, but is probably the coolest azalea that I have.

View attachment 290990View attachment 290991View attachment 290992
I'm sorry about that, I thought I had them wrapped up and taped in the box pretty well. I guess not. But so happy the one is doing well for you. Must be that pixie dust!

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I'm sorry about that, I thought I had them wrapped up and taped in the box pretty well. I guess not. But so happy the one is doing well for you. Must be that pixie dust!
Don"t be sorry, you wrapped them well, it was USPS that should be sorry, the should all have the bird of paradise fly up their nose....

Pixie dust or not, it is a beautiful azalea, thanks!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
a couple of picture of the plum tree before the severe thunderstorms forecast, ruin the flowers.

Here, the plum trees, peach, apricot (including J. apricots) have already lost their flowers.

In the foreground, Lonicera (wild honeysucle), the leafless vine is Wisteria, then Tamarix about to flower, Prunus pissardii that has now fruit, and in the background, Cherry ("Napoleon", dozens of kilos each year, most of them wasted, there are so many).

jardin_200330a.jpg

And this 10-foot Malus 'Evereste' in another corner of my jungle is flowering now :

malus-everest00_200330a.jpg

Top Bottom