Four wing salt bush experiment #1

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Cool view!!!.... a lot.. less ... GREEN than I’m used to....
I'm with you on that. I'm originally from the PNW. I miss trees and green, and that's probably why I draw so many trees and took up trying to keep potted ones alive in single digit humidity levels😂

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Cool view!!!.... a lot.. less ... GREEN than I’m used to....

Reminds me of playing Fallout: New Vegas.

Maaaan. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in the desert if THAT’S what it makes me think of!

🤣
I'm with you on that. I'm originally from the PNW. I miss trees and green, and that's probably why I draw so many trees and took up trying to keep potted ones alive in single digit humidity levels😂
Cool species, the new growth look like Rosemary.

Yeah, I don't think I'd last long out there, in the desert.
It seems depressing to me.

You trying to make a tiny shohin?

eskers

Seed
Reaction score
So when I say that the older plants develop insane trunks, I feel like I need to post a good example. I just stumbled across this one on a hike by my house. It was still alive, and it's grown in completely loose sand. The smaller one next to it as well. I'll bring a Coke can to put next to it next time I walk my dog😂

View attachment 397567of
Yesssss! I had a huge one in my yard that was mostly dead and taking up about a 12' diameter space. So I spent about 6 hours disassembling it and left the live root intact. 9 bales and 3 bags of slash, and that's not all. I still have some awesome pieces of trunk to polish for wall art. How do they even get this way? They are amazing! And can you really bonsai the tiny ones? They're everywhere in my yard and that would be so neat. I would fine-tune my personal Neglect feature

Top Bottom