Game of Thrones

KINGSLAYER

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
JUst wondering how many GRRM fans are roaming around here? Who all is excited for season 4?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Loved all 3 seasons. Cant wait for season 4.

I have not read the books yet so no spoilers please.

Very glad that HBO and AMC seem to have an agreement to not show GoT and Walking Dead at the same time.
I only watch GoT and WD. Everything else on TV sucks.
Been temped to start a WD thread to discuss.

KINGSLAYER

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you like the shows you have to read the books! This will be the best season yet! Who is your favorite character?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Its hard to pick a favorite; so many of them are good.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its hard to pick a favorite; so many of them are good.

I've found it's not too good to get too invested in a character because there's a good chance the are going to die some kind of horrible death soon anyway

But I'm pulling for Daenerys Targaryen to kick some butt this season

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I'm in the middle of reading book 2 of Songs of Ice and Fire. I'm into it ;)

When traveling caught an episode or two of Game of Thrones on HBO, one of the earlier seasons. Could not figure out where they were in the books. The GoT series looks like it will be really good when I get to rent it on DVD from my local library.

Since the names of characters are not common English names, in reading the books, I didn't worry or bother to work out pronunciations, when watching GoT, their pronunciations confused me for a while, which contributed to my not figuring out where they were at with the story.

I also don't like the way a movie or TV version of a book forces me to change the images I had created in my mind for the characters. But if I think of TV as being something different / separate from the book, I can enjoy TV versions.

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Im a big fan and read all of the books. Exited for Season 4 and can't wait for the next two books!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am half way down a dance of dragons (5th), can't wait!

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'm visiting Northern Ireland soon, and am hoping to see the Dark Hedges, Winterfell and a couple of other filming sites.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
And I'm back. I couldn't bring myself to drag the family all over to see all the sights, so I stuck with just the Dark Hedges and Castle Ward (Winterfell). The Dark Hedges were beautiful.

Reaction score
I love this show !! My number 1 favorite ever, blacklist being 2nd, we had it on here in UK last night, ten episodes a year is not enough to quench my addiction to it :eek:

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
pics or it didn't happen! LOL

s5 e1 was pretty lame...
s5 e1 felt like the epilogue to last season....the first 4 episodes were leaked early...I'll hold my tongue for those who are waiting to watch it on TV :)

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I just finished book 5... season 5 reeks!!! It is sooooo different

Top Bottom