Ginko fall color

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@JudyB would you believe me if I said every single time I see a ginko tree I think of your little tree pictured above? Don't know why but it's burned into my memory, from a different post, Remember you saying a friend called it "silly" or something. Left an impression on me. Treat her good (the tree, not your friend).
I've also heard lots of positive comments on this one, someone said something like when all you see is steak, sometimes a salad is a welcome sight... But it is a silly tree, that's part of the charm.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I also like the whimsical presentation this tree in this ridiculous form has. It's certainly not for everyone, but it also is something different to look at on a bench.

You wise woman, Judy: took others' advice but adapted to your point of view, your own sensibility.

Must repot mine by the way...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The tree is now with the new chop, at 18" pot is 8". I may yet cut back to just above the top branch, but will see after I wire those three straight branches for movement.
P1020289.jpg

Jerry Harder

Sapling
Reaction score
Thought I'd place a current fall color shot in this thread. It looks to be the end of the color, it will probably drop all it's leaves in the next couple of days.
I like the wiggly curves. It reminds me of a belly dancer. I would not have thought to do a bonsai this way. Nicely done!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like the wiggly curves. It reminds me of a belly dancer. I would not have thought to do a bonsai this way. Nicely done!
It looks pretty different now, lots more branching and shorter as well. I'll take a pic come fall color time again. (It's still squiggly ;))

Top Bottom