Got $15,950 ????

I've seen so many people praying on newbies in the bonsai world I've started to message sellers asking about documentation on age from a 10 year old tree that they say is 60 years old, from Recent nursery stock trees that they claim has been in training for 20 years, for 400 dollars,, man I feel bad for anyone getting scammed and I really hate people that take advantage of other people's Enthusiasm.

It's also a zelkova...

it's also not a canine, but it apparently won at Westminster according to the picture of the ribbons on the bottom right 😁

So here's the real paradox:
Jackasses like that are the reason why bonsai theft is so prevalent. Idiots look at dirt bags on eBay and think they can steal themselves a million dollars worth of wood in one night, and resell it within a week, then be on easy street for a month.
But even the dumbest thief wouldn't bother with THAT tree!

If that guy can seriously get 15K for that tree, I have a couple I should be able to sell for at least 25K.... 😆

It appears to be the Orange County Fair in California. Probably a little out of your way but hey, ribbons!!!
To him Orange County is but an usual plane hop. BTW, I’ve been to a couple OC fairs. It is a tiny bit surprising that such a tree could win but then the bonsai peeps in OC usually don’t participate much in county fairs.

I have a Chinese elm for sale too. It did not win the Westminster AKC contest but it recently won best in class at Tofuku. $15,950 with free shipping. Best offer will be entertained.
IMG_2447.jpeg

To him Orange County is but an usual plane hop. BTW, I’ve been to a couple OC fairs. It is a tiny bit surprising that such a tree could win but then the bonsai peeps in OC usually don’t participate much in county fairs.
If you go to his Ebay site, there's info that he's in Hawaii. There's also some more overpriced "lightening struck" trees (which are arguably better than this one)

Anyone have $16k laying around for this Chinese Elm ???
The "awards" were won at the Orange County Fair... which isn't a bonsai show at all.

And the tree is located in Mililani, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. I think the bigger question would be: how did you get a Chinese elm imported legally into Hawaii? And how do you expect to ship it legally out if you sell it?

On Facebook marketplace a while back I came across a guy trying to sell what he called an, "antique WWII era mortar canister," for $200. As a former US Army artilleryman I recognized it as NOT that. It was a propellent charge canister for 155mm howitzer, and very clearly marked with a manufacture date in 1990s. I messaged him about it, and even sent a link to another listing where a guy was selling the same things by the pallet load for the same price. (Big army base nearby, so such things pop up all the time.)
The guy never responded, but did drop the price to $100. Another week later I got curious, and he'd finally changed the listing to be slightly more truthful, but the price was still $75.
I honestly think the guy BELIEVED it was what he originally listed it as, and he probably bought it as that himself, otherwise he wouldn't have persisted for weeks. Scammers tend to close up shop and run as soon as someone calls their bluff.

I have a Chinese elm for sale too. It did not win the Westminster AKC contest but it recently won best in class at Tofuku. $15,950 with free shipping. Best offer will be entertained.
View attachment 548125
But but but… you didn’t win any ribbons so I can’t justify paying your asking price for it.

Sadly it probably looked better before he split the trunk...imagine what it will be worth when the apex fills back in...

Back
Top Bottom