Ground Layering a Chinese Elm

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Its tricky to get rid of on smaller trees closer to the soil line. This tree has low branches that will inevitably keep getting wet when watering. An LS solution helps, as a winter wash and as the buds swell in spring, I spray again over summer too sometimes as the next flushes emerge.

ERClover

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Awesome progression. Cool to see what even a few short years can bring in terms of progress on a tree.

edluk

Seed
Reaction score
My Chinese Elm bonsai have white coating in trunk where started the roots and extremely falling leaves with brown coating. What may I do? IMG_20240418_191311448.jpgIMG_20240419_191035141.jpg

BonsaiMatt

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My Chinese Elm bonsai have white coating in trunk where started the roots and extremely falling leaves with brown coating. What may I do? View attachment 541323View attachment 541324

Elms need to be kept outside with lots of sun, and they like free draining soil. Your soil looks like it lacks proper drainage.

There is a ton of info on this site about troubleshooting these type of issues, I’m sure you can find a good solution here somewhere. Or you can start a thread asking folks for advice about your tree in particular. Good luck with your tree!

Top Bottom