HAND SPRAYERS FOR PESTICIDES

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Just looking for advice on sprayers that we all use to spray pesticides etc with. I see a lot of battery powered ones out there but have no idea if they are any good or not. I would like to find one that is 1-2 gallon, well made, and has a wand with a spray end that will adjust so I can spray top down or bottom up so I can spray up and get the bottom of the leaves where mites etc hang out. A lot of sprayers are very cheaply made, short stiff wand, leak, and only spray one direction. I have looked at a lot of them but would like advice/help from someone that has experience with a good one. I have hose end sprayers, so I don't need one of those. Help appreciated! Thanks!

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I have used the homedepot ones for many years. In fact I think the oldest one is over 5 years now.

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Check the dollar general stores first, a lot of their garden stuff is clearance right now (BOGO) here at least, and their sprayers are $12, so $6 ea.
You can get microgreens seeds for 50 cents!
And new pruners!

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use a 1g from HD. Bought it a while ago. It sits under the bench full of neem. Wife uses on roses, I use on trees now and then. Often I use the Nigel spray bottle with 40-1 water dish soap mix for things like aphids and scale.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Not exactly what you're asking about, but similar. I picked this up yesterday and used on some landscape trees. It really cleverly can clip straight into a bottle of Bonide and has a dilution gauge built in, so you don't even have to mix the chemicals, or guess at how much you'll use.

I already do almost all my watering with a garden hose and Bonide is the main pesticide carried by all three of the nurseries I go to, so too burned by the catch of this device locking me into them. A bit pricy, but I think it did great for my needs.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I use the Husqvarna. Have 3 of them no issues. Graduated on the side as most and the pressurizer is reminiscent of the more expensive metal brands.View attachment 502458
Love the stability on the ground with a wider base than top and the pressure release.
It looks like this Home Depot one is a dublicate of the Husgvarna. I ordered one at a great price delivered.

Top Bottom