Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I guess because truthfully I dont know where the styling is gonna go in this one....
Just taking baby steps.....recovering from HBR 1.
Once HBR 2 is complete, and I see it growing like it is now, then I'll worry about styling and potential grafting.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess because truthfully I dont know where the styling is gonna go in this one....
Just taking baby steps.....recovering from HBR 1.
Once HBR 2 is complete, and I see it growing like it is now, then I'll worry about styling and potential grafting.
Comon.. Do it! Do it now!
;)

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I emailed him yesterday! Thank you!
You will be happy with the source and product.

He'll let you know if you ask, or he may offer to tell you as he did with me
how many more rolls he can fit in the flat rate priority box with no more shipping cost.
I had always ordered from Julian, and Jeremiah has it nailed down.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Well.....
Here we are..... 2021.....very nice. .....minus the loss of freedoms and liberties across the fruited plains.....but hey, the Esteemed and Exalted Dr Faucilini did his best......
At least we can all take comfort in knowing that when Dr Faucilini is lying to us, he's doing it for our own good. God Bless his soul....he'll need it.

Anyway....time for the second half!
I got it all raked out before the storm came....but it was too dark to get a decent "after" pic....sorry.

I'm loving how the roots populated the first half of good stuff, now its 99% good stuff.
You can see in th pics, how the original half is quite dry, it was not passing or absorbing water well at all.
I'll start styling this winter.....I have some raffia and wire ready.
Maybe in the summer I can do some selective pruning.....but I'm in no rush.
20210411_193739.jpg20210411_193803.jpg20210411_193816.jpg20210411_193827.jpg20210411_195307.jpg20210411_195446.jpg20210411_201035.jpg
Hell yeah.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I got one myself thanks to this thread. This cultivar seems un-junipery compared to what I know about ERC.
Yeah....I think i know what you mean.
It will be interesting to see how dense i can make the foliage pads, when the time comes.

I will be starting a new thread on this tree when I begin styling.
For this year though, I'm letting it continue to bush out and recover from the repot.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I also cut off that obscene handle bar root that was protruding from the soil level....
I think it will continue to flourish this year.
Flourish it did!
I will be thinning and styling sometime this winter.....I will begin a new thread at that time.
Some night time pics from now.
20210915_193010.jpg20210915_193029.jpg
Super healthy.....literally nearly touching my other juniper which has been suffering tip blight for years now.....
I dunno why this one is so healthy and the other one is struggling. I treat them the same.....They're right next to each other....

Top Bottom