Help me identify this tree please

linina

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hello everyone,

I was gifted a cutting a few months ago and now that she's sprouting beautifully, I need to know her name :) All I know is this is a Japanese flower tree.
So I have a photo of mine and the original one here, if you please could help me.

Thank you

IMG_0225.JPG55814012757__4FFAB7E6-D5DA-4DA7-BB4B-CD13F34D4D74.JPG

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Green stems, I would say Poncirus trifoliata. But opposite leaves...

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Poncirus trifoliata has serious thorns in all cultivars I know of.
Flying dragon is the worst; those form a hook.
But poncirus don't weep like this plant does.

It's a trifoliate something, but I wouldn't say poncirus. I have seen plants like in the picture, but I never took the time to find out what they are. Sorry, that's all I can do here.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yes, I but(ed) it?.
The picture on the right... young leaves. The picture on the left... unreadable.
A q. to OP, have you seen its flowers?
You can try to google trifolia/trifoliata, there's some returns, vitex...

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
From what I can see it will in the end not be worth the effort because of the compound leaves.

linina

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the input and I apologize for being MIA :) I've been having some tests and exams intensely in the past weeks at school.

The picture of the big tree was given to me by the owner; that says when I have a chance to come back there, I will definitely get a better photo of it.
And yes it is the same plant because he gave me a cutting branch from that tree :)
The owner told me it would give flowers. And that some people grow it as a beautiful weeping tree.

I hope sometimes next summer the branches will grow longer and stronger, then it will show better "weeping branches"

linina

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@linina
Could it be a Weeping Siberian Peashrub, Caragana arborescens 'Pendula'?

Ohhhhhh you know it does look like that tree!!! or shrub. I googled it and the foliages look very identical to what I have.
Now I can dig more into the information with the name provided. Thank you very much!!!

Top Bottom